Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Please post your favorite/easiest suppers

frumie123

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 12:01 am
Feel free to post what you like to make for supper that is generally easy and enjoyed by your family. You can include a recipe too

I'll start- chicken and rice in one 9x13- comes out yummy and so easy to make
Also- teriyaki salmon with broccoli

snooper86

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 12:11 am
Fish tacos, discovered this recently and I love making it all the time.

amother
Iris

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 12:34 am
I make two 9x13 pans of these:

Chicken and rice - use medium grain rice, chicken legs or thighs + pulkes (I usually do that because pulkes are more popular), water, and Montreal Steak spice. Cover and bake.

Baked ziti - 1.5 bags (8 oz) of shredded cheese, 1.5 jars pasta sauce (my kids love Francesco Rinaldi best for this), 1.5 jars water (or milk if you're generous). Mix above well, then add 1.5 boxes of ziti, stir, cover and bake for 1.5 - 2 hours.

Other meals:

Pasta & meat sauce: Brown ground beef, add Hunts tomato sauce, generously add oregano, bring to a simmer. Serve over pasta or spaghetti. Mix leftover sauce with more pasta, we love it even more reheated!

Quiche: Mix 6 eggs, a generous splash or two of almond milk, and spices. Pour into pie crust and flavor: Some I sprinkle with frozen veggies, others I'll mix in a swirl of pasta sauce or salsa. Bake until browned. I make two or three and there are rarely leftovers.

Bean Soup: Saute an onion in oil until translucent. Pour in two large (40 oz) cans of kidney beans (I like to do one light red and one dark red). Fill pot with water, add about a half jar of mild salsa. Bring to a boil. My kids love it!

I also make jasmine rice with meat crumbles, broiled BBQ chicken wings, pita and falafel, breaded fish filets with mashed potatoes.

amother
Offwhite

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 8:48 am
Scrambled eggs, French fries, cut veggies or salad

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 9:10 am
In rice cooker (if you don't have one, get one!) put up rice, salt, water.

Meanwhile in large frying pan, slice an onion and some oil, and let it carmelize for a few minutes. Add in some sliced fresh mushrooms, if desired (yum), stirring occasionally. Slice a bunch of chicken breast (shnitzel chicken) to stir-fry size and add in.

Season with 1/2 tsp salt and a shake of pepper. If desired, I have also sprinkled with shwarma spice.

Serve chicken mixture over rice.

amother
Melon

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 9:56 am
Pizza

Bagel sandwiches

Easy hot popper sauce mixture over chicken nuggets

Any type of pasta with melted cheese and sauce (for adults cook a piece of dagim breaded tilapia to go with the pasta) add corn from a can and it’s almost a gourmet meal 😁

Near east rice with the spice packet baked in oven- rinse off a few chicken drumsticks and bake in another pan with salt, spices and duck sauce- easiest chicken and rice dinner

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 11:21 am
Preheat oven to 425.
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pour onto paper-bread crumbs, salt, oil. Add thin cutlets. Mix together to coat chicken and spread out in single layer. Bake 15 minutes. All my kids eat it happily. It's a favorite.

When I'm in the mood of doing something extra, I'll take out of oven after 10 min and pour a mixture of equal parts ketchup, Brown sugar, and water mixed together plus 1 tsp corn starch. Put it back in oven for 6-7 minutes. Voila! Sesame chicken.

You can also do the same thing and make hot poppers out of it, using 1/2 cup hot sauce and 1/2 cup honey, adjusted to your heat preference.

jd1212

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 12:53 pm
Any somewhat healthier ideas? Lots of these are like 800 calories + a serving. Though yum…
Our go to quick ones are eggs with frozen peppers; tuna melts on ww bread, chicken cutlets baked with mini peppers and boiled quinoa or farro. Salmon teriyaki with boiled green beans and quinoa or farro. Morningstar sausages or chick’n nuggets with scrambled eggs and cut up peppers and chumus.

nightingale1

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 2:31 pm
Cook minute steak in leftover chicken soup broth or onion soup mix.

Orange juice chicken-sauce is orange juice, lemon juice, honey and ginger, pour onto chicken and cook

Hamburgers/hotdogs. Just stick them on the grill.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics