Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Baltimore trip
Previous  1  2

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 2:59 pm
Add La Croustille Cafe to the list. Excellent French bakery and milchiks. In the Staples shopping center a block or 2 past Goldberg's Bagels.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 3:11 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Add La Croustille Cafe to the list. Excellent French bakery and milchiks. In the Staples shopping center a block or 2 past Goldberg's Bagels.

Yes, it is excellent! I forgot about it. Good catch!

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 3:44 pm
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
You only have to cross a highway if you are going to the Bistro or anywhere in the direction of Owings Mills, which I agree with you is not safe. For all the Pikesville restaurants, you just make a right out of the Doubletree and walk. There are sidewalks and the county just spent a ton of $$ installing benches all along that area.

What’s the bistro? Is there a restaurant here I haven’t heard about??

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 3:46 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:

Milk & Honey Bistro. In the shopping center by Hooks Lane.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 3:47 pm
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
Milk & Honey Bistro. In the shopping center by Hooks Lane.

Oh! Never heard anyone call it the bistro. I don’t know if I even know there was a word after “Milk & Honey”

Thanks for answering my curiosity Smile

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 3:49 pm
Oh! Never heard anyone call it the bistro. I don’t know if I even know there was a word after “Milk & Honey”

Thanks for answering my curiosity Smile

When I first moved to Baltimore almost 30 years ago everyone called it the Bistro, so that's what stuck in my brain. Very Happy

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 5:29 pm
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
When I first moved to Baltimore almost 30 years ago everyone called it the Bistro, so that's what stuck in my brain. Very Happy

Oh lol!

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 7:29 pm
amother [ Peony ] wrote:

IIRC (been out of Baltimore for about 10 years now) if you called something the bistro back then you were referring to chaps (am I correct? Old baltimoreans back me up, this is going back many many years and I might be mixing some things up!)
When milk and honey opened up, EVERYONE called it milk and honey bistro

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 7:35 pm
Chaps was a different restaurant, then chaps was the brasserie, then it closed forever. I loved the brasseries poppy dressing! If anyone has that recipe 🤤
Milk and honey was/is the milk and honey bistro and was called the bistro or milk and honey. Don’t think the current owners changed the name but who knows.
Who remembers nyc chicken? Or kosher subway?

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 7:37 pm
Haha just noticed my name is poppy!

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 9:04 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
Chaps was a different restaurant, then chaps was the brasserie, then it closed forever. I loved the brasseries poppy dressing! If anyone has that recipe 🤤
Milk and honey was/is the milk and honey bistro and was called the bistro or milk and honey. Don’t think the current owners changed the name but who knows.
Who remembers nyc chicken? Or kosher subway?

Thank you!! Yes I’ve been out of Baltimore too long at this point. I was thinking of the brassirie. (Where chaps was before them) And yes, their balsamic poppy seed dressing was FANTASTIC! They also had it at their sister milchig restaurant cafe 921 (who remembers that one??)
Baltimore is such a sad tale of restaurants… they are really not sustainable there.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 9:23 pm
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:
Thank you!! Yes I’ve been out of Baltimore too long at this point. I was thinking of the brassirie. (Where chaps was before them) And yes, their balsamic poppy seed dressing was FANTASTIC! They also had it at their sister milchig restaurant cafe 921 (who remembers that one??)
Baltimore is such a sad tale of restaurants… they are really not sustainable there.

It's changed. I wouldn't say this is a restaurant town but there are a lot more restaurants than when I first moved here 20+ years ago, several that are really good, and most appear to be doing OK.

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 9:39 pm
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:

I remember 921!! So good while it lasted. And Liebes and Mama Leah in the same strip. Across from papa johns lol…and the whole joke about living in a Pizza Hut and having a little ceaser…

Moonlight

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 11:05 pm
As everyone said, the doubletree pikesville is THE place to stay

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 11:34 pm

Been around for like 30 years
https://www.milkandhoneybistro.com/

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 1:26 am
Moonlight wrote:
As everyone said, the doubletree pikesville is THE place to stay

Yes. Do not stay in the hotel across the street from there. Do not stay in the hotel nearish seven mile market and do not stay in the hotel farther down reisterstown (I believe it’s a red roof in possibly).

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 5:53 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Been around for like 30 years
https://www.milkandhoneybistro.com/

Yeah I know about Milk & Honey just never heard of it being called the Bistro so I didn’t realize that’s what she was referring to.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics