Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Greek Chicken Freezer Meal

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 3:26 pm
I was curious about this recipe as I had never seen this type of frozen preparation with the potatoes, chicken and marinade all frozen together and then cooked on a sheet pan. The combination of flavors is classic and delicious.

This would be an excellent dish to prep and freeze in advance for whatever purpose. You could even give the frozen bags to a friend who could use some meal help with the easy instructions.

Greek Chicken Freezer Meal

1.5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2" pieces

2 lbs chicken breast

1/4 cup olive oil

2 tbsp lemon juice

2 tbsp salt, divided

1 tbsp oregano, dried

1 tbsp garlic powder

1 tbsp dried dill

1 gallon sized freezer bag

Bring a large stock pot filled with water to the boil. Add one tablespoon of salt along with the potatoes, and boil for 6 minutes. Drain potatoes into a colander and allow them to cool completely.

Make the Greek marinade: in a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, remaining tablespoon of salt, oregano, garlic powder and dill, stir to combine.

In a large bowl, toss the cooled, cooked potatoes with half of the Greek marinade until potatoes are coated. Add potatoes to the bottom of a freezer bag. Use the same bowl to toss the chicken breasts with the remaining dressing. Once they’re well coated, add the seasoned chicken breast to the freezer bag along with the potatoes.

To cook the Greek Chicken Freezer Dinner.

The night before you want to make this Greek chicken freezer dinner, remove it from the freezer and place it in the fridge to thaw.

Heat the oven to 400°F.

When you are ready to bake, spread the defrosted chicken and potatoes out on a lightly greased rimmed baking sheet.

Bake for 20-25 minutes until the internal temperature of your chicken reaches 165°F on an instant read thermometer.

If you want to add some color to the chicken and potatoes, broil for another 3-5 minutes

yiddishmom

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 2:00 pm
I used the marinade recipe for my chicken yesterday. Was delicious. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey