Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Not sure what to do

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 2:17 pm
I don't know what to do.

My husband is a special man. He's a wonderful husband and very devoted father to our children. And he helps everyone, most of the time without them even knowing it. He is also became very successful after working very, VERY hard over the last few years -- not because he wanted to, per se, but because he HAD to. We literally had no help of any kind, and were falling into serious debt.

This has created two challenges for him. The first is that, because he travels so much, he is simply too exhausted to go to Shacharis with a minyan three times a week. The second is that he cannot retain steady chavrusos (people love learning with him; now he just has one on Shabbos and is working on another for Sundays) because he's out of town at least twice a week. If he had his way, he would learn every morning and night with a chavrusa and obviously go to shacharis with a minyan. But things got crazy for him. A man who would often jump up several stairs at a time after a good seder at night with joy radiating his face is not having a nightly chavrusa session. Now he learns at home whenever he can and listens to shiurim. This is a guy who can easily give shiurim.

Should I push him to have one on the phone? To go to Shacharis with a minyan? It's really not who he is, who he wants to be, or who I want him to be.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 4:31 pm
No. I would show lots of support and interest in the learning he does and shul attendance he does, and let him be and do what is in your control to keep him healthy, etc. and be supportive to the extent you can when he decides to do this or that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts