Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Pullups for a 12 year old boys ! Urgent
1  2  Next

Imhappy!

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:42 am
If u have experience pls help us.
My son is going to camp. Last year he went using pullups at nite. ( Long story.med x work for him)
This year he grew became fuller. Weights 125lb. Pullups are leaking. We're trying so many companies.
Anyone know what's best...?
We r so desperate.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:43 am
There are briefs for adults. They sell them in every pharmacy. Usually the brand is Depends. The sizing is by weight.

Depend FIT-Flex Adult Incontinence Underwear Men, Maximum Absorbency, Grey, Small/Medium, 80 Count (2 Packs of 40) https://a.co/d/h6h71Rl

There’s a lot of resources at this website too with a ton of products. https://nationalincontinence.com/

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:46 am
BTDT. so sorry, thats so hard. I stopped using the pull ups when they were leaking every night. and I jsut washed his linen every morning.
maybe try adult diapers.

Imhappy!

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:49 am
At home we do that. But he must go to camp. We don't want him to wake up wet and be ashamed .
Thanks for the link .. did u use it? Good experience. I tried livdry it's adult pullups. But it's leaking

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:52 am
Imhappy! wrote:
At home we do that. But he must go to camp. We don't want him to wake up wet and be ashamed .
Thanks for the link .. did u use it? Good experience. I tried livdry it's adult pullups. But it's leaking

I’m a RN- so I haven’t personally used these, but I have discussed the subject with many patients and family members who have to deal with this. It’s essentially embarrassing and hard to deal with at any age. I would buy a couple small packages and try one each night. I assume you don’t have so much time left before camp. Many times it is dependent on the person’s anatomy and how they place themselves inside the brief.

exhausted

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:55 am
We use the brand Prevail. It's a matter of trying different brands to see what works.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:58 am
Have you looked into the reason why some 12 year olds still need pullups? Is it always purely medical?
I am asking because we have the same situation with a 12 year old and I really want to help him with this because he feels really inferior to his friends.

Imhappy!

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:58 am
Ok ty. No. We have almost zero time left

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:00 am
Google how to position the member after pulling up the disposables so they don't leak.
Depends is the brand name most used. Often there are 2 sizes that can work for a certain weight. You need the larger one.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:04 am
My 8 year old the reason he bedwetts
I was told was because he doesnt drink enough and urinate enough

amother
Iris

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:59 am
We use the ones from insurance. Says cardinal health on the package.

amother
Iris

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:00 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Have you looked into the reason why some 12 year olds still need pullups? Is it always purely medical?
I am asking because we have the same situation with a 12 year old and I really want to help him with this because he feels really inferior to his friends.
You need to go to the urologist to rule out medical. But it’s not always.

amother
Sand

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:07 am
You can also give medication that prevents bed wetting. That’s what everyone does for camp.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:16 am
amother [ Sand ] wrote:
You can also give medication that prevents bed wetting. That’s what everyone does for camp.

She already said it doesn’t work.

Imhappy!

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:35 am
Packing up his clothes with a heavy heart. Pls God this is so hard.
Wish we can keep him home .. ( and no. It's not an option for his yeshiva)

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:54 am
Have you tried treating him for constipation? Retained stool in the colon will press on the bladder and leave less room for the bladder to fill overnight.

My son has the same problem and before camp we put him on DDAVP and miralax. It is working BH. He was dry the whole week before camp but I haven't heard yet from him how it went during camp.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:58 am
I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. It's really a difficult situation.

Just putting it out there that enlarged tonsils/adenoids, mouth breathing can contribute to bedwetting.

I hope your son does well in camp. Good luck!

Imhappy!

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:58 am
Yes He's on 3 meds. Including for constipation

penguin

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:59 am
You might try Unique Wellness, comes in Sm-Med. here or sometimes available on Amazon with faster shipping.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:59 am
Please call ahead and speak to his counselor so he can help change sheets discretely as necessary. Much hatzlacha for a successful summer!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics