Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone's child have molluscum contagiosum?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:29 am
We've been to the doctor already. I was just wondering if anyone was told about any actual treatments besides for freezing them off.

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 7:20 am
I was told to leave them alone. They disappeared after a month,

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 7:42 am
Here’s the issue. At the point that the lesion gets red and inflamed (usually right before it disappears) my kid scratched. She’s special needs and was little, and telling her not to did nothing. The material in the molluscum is viral and my daughter spread it everywhere. She had it for like a year. And I tried everything. Closer to the solution, I started covering the lesions with bandaids when they got inflamed, so she couldn’t touch them. But it only helped a little. Finally at the end of my rope, when they started looking like that, I popped them myself, took the infectious material out, and applied bacitracin and a bandaid. It was gone in two weeks because she wasn’t spreading it anywhere.

s1

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 7:43 am
I’ve just left them. They disappear eventually but can be really irritating

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 7:44 am
Sure. Our dr advised to leave it untreated. Lasted for 1-2 years for my kids

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:08 am
My doctor gave us a $60 brand of drops to buy. I'm surprised you can just leave it

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:10 am
amother [ Watermelon ] wrote:
My doctor gave us a $60 brand of drops to buy. I'm surprised you can just leave it
what did the drops do?
And he said to leave it as its not painful and doesnt do anything.

momofqts

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:11 am
My daughter had it for years. New ones kept popping up. I finally put apple cider vinegar on it covered with a bandaid. Change daily. It was gone really quickly. No new ones came as it fights it from within the body.

This works for warts as well. Much more effective than dr burning it off. That's just painful and temporary.

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what did the drops do?
And he said to leave it as its not painful and doesnt do anything.

All of my kids had it at some point. I never treated it, it went away on its own. Why would I spend money on a treatment for something that isn’t bothersome, and will go away on its own?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:15 am
amother [ Dimgray ] wrote:
All of my kids had it at some point. I never treated it, it went away on its own. Why would I spend money on a treatment for something that isn’t bothersome, and will go away on its own?
thats why I was asking what the drops do. I also wouldnt pay money for something if it goes away on its own.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:06 am
Ugh my kids have it now! So gross and it's combined with eczema so it's so hard to keep them from scratching. Dr said to leave it alone so we're just trying to keep it covered with clothing whenever possible and bandaids sometimes. I have read about all the remedy ideas and thought about trying them though.

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:11 am
My Dd has it.

A few yrs ago a different dd had it. Tried freezing them off.more appeard. Tried using a med like nail polish application that didn't work so well either.

This time I'm basically waiting it ouy

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:19 am
Washed my kids with tea tree soap and put tea tree oil drops over the areas that were very concentrated and covered with a bandaid. Was all gone two weeks later (can be bought at Trader Joes)

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:25 am
My 2 year old had one dot, and eventually it spread all over him. The doctor suggested apple cider vinegar, but it bothered him and didn’t help.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002.....ss_tl

I bought this off of amazon and it was amazing. Really helped so quickly and didn’t irritate him. I was very pleasantly surprised.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:27 am
amother [ Dimgray ] wrote:

Some of my kids had it for a while, but in an unobtrusive area, and it didn’t really spread. When my son was completely covered in it, I felt like I had to do something. It was just getting worse.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:29 am
momofqts wrote:
My daughter had it for years. New ones kept popping up. I finally put apple cider vinegar on it covered with a bandaid. Change daily. It was gone really quickly. No new ones came as it fights it from within the body.

This works for warts as well. Much more effective than dr burning it off. That's just painful and temporary.

Same! The apple cider vinegar (with the mother) and bandaids did the trick! It blows up and then it dies

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 12:32 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Here’s the issue. At the point that the lesion gets red and inflamed (usually right before it disappears) my kid scratched. She’s special needs and was little, and telling her not to did nothing. The material in the molluscum is viral and my daughter spread it everywhere. She had it for like a year. And I tried everything. Closer to the solution, I started covering the lesions with bandaids when they got inflamed, so she couldn’t touch them. But it only helped a little. Finally at the end of my rope, when they started looking like that, I popped them myself, took the infectious material out, and applied bacitracin and a bandaid. It was gone in two weeks because she wasn’t spreading it anywhere.

did the ones that were inflamed and then went away leave a scar?

amother
Lotus

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 4:27 pm
My son had them when he was about 3. The doctor told us to leave them alone and they went away after about 2-3 months. He’s now 12 and never had a problem with them again. They did leave tiny little indentations on his skin (only noticeable if you’re looking closely).

birdie1

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 4:31 pm
My daughter had it for several months. Nothing helped. It kept spreading. My pediatrician prescribed an oral medication. It was gone withing a few weeks. No side effects.

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 4:45 pm
The trick is duct tape. Put little pieces on the bumps overnight. It will go away fast
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics