Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Does this method work?

happy chick

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:49 am
for your average 2-3 yr old, is it a good technique to train at night the same as by day? is it worth it to put the child to sleep every night without pamper/pull up and then wash linen? does it work better than having the child rely on a pamper?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:43 am
I found yes. My latest was the only one I did this with and worked amazing. but my first few were boys and this one girl so I don’t know if that makes a dif.

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:12 am
I personally always left nappy on at night.
When I saw started being dry in the mornings then Id tske it off.

I think its alot of pressure to do night and day together and didnt see what the rush is.
Bh dont think mine went past 4 with nappy on at night.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:13 am
No I think it puts way too much pressure on them. Also not all kids are physically ready at night until much older. I kept a diaper on at night until they consistently woke up dry.

amother
Springgreen

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:21 am
I did it with my first 3, but now with my 4th I didn't and I'm sort of regretting it. She trained the youngest - 2 and 6 months - and at the time I didn't think she was ready. But in hindsight she was staying dry almost every night and now that it's been a few months she's not.
I didn't want the hassle of her waking me up in the night to go make. I was also in very early pregnancy, so maybe had something to do with my laziness.

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:23 am
I only tried training at all when they were waking up dry in the morning and then did day and night at the same time. Between age 2 and 3. It worked for 8 out of my kids. The one who it didn't needed diapers at night until he was 6.

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:24 am
Also, they really have to be sleeping in a bed to be trained at night, if you want them to go themselves.

You have to be ready for that.

happy chick

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:29 am
I've never tried it before and im thinking if its worth the extra laundry every day. also, not sure how it plays with the child psychologically.
but, I generally dont get up at night to go to the bathroom. I understand for kids who go to bed with a bottle. but if they dont, and they pee before going to bed, why should they need to go in middle of the night?

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:35 am
Every childs different.

I v often hear one of mine going to bathroom at night, while other one doesnt .

Are you in a rush to train?
I feel its more pressure on the child as well as parent.

Maybe see for a few nights how wet or dry nappy gets?

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:36 am
I always toilet train day and night together. I put a towel underneath the child just in case. It bh worked each time

tichellady

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:37 am
Our pediatrician says not to do night and day together

happy chick

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:38 am
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
Every childs different.

I v often hear one of mine going to bathroom at night, while other one doesnt .

Are you in a rush to train?
I feel its more pressure on the child as well as parent.

Maybe see for a few nights how wet or dry nappy gets?

no particular rush, but I think hes ready. but im wondering if to push for the nights too or stick to a pull-up until hes dry.

my real question is, does the peeing in his bed every night really make him stop doing it? or it will take the same amount of time regardless of pamper/pull-up?

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:53 am
Did not work for my daughter. She was over 3 and I stopped diapers at night. She woke up wet in middle of the night every single night. After weeks, I gave up, went back to diapers, until she woke up dry on her own when she was 4.5
I have an almost 4 year old son in diapers at night. Wakes up soaked every morning. I will wait for as long as it takes.

Blimie1

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 12:25 pm
I work in a playgroup, and I've toilet trained a couple of kids this year. They napped with a pull up and then continued the day without it..... until they were ready to sleep without it....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training