Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What do I do about her hair & earrings?
Previous  1  2

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 8:56 am
I wouldn't worry about someone asking if she's a boy. People say such funny things sometime, one time my baby girl was wearing a pink girls outfit with frilly socks and someone asked if she's a boy.

I have a 14 months old baby boy now and he has curlyish hair, I mousse it after every bath otherwise its a complete mess, and I never brush it otherwise it gets frizzy. Obviously I don't put any bows or hairbands in his hair, he doesn't have earrings, he wears boys clothes, and everywhere I go people think he's a girl. So I don't think you need to worry about the bows and hairbands or earings, it's just that people are funny.

amother
Pear

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 10:47 am
How old is she?
Clearly she doesnt like bows and earrings for sensory reasons.
Respect her choices.

This is an important lesson in body autonomy. If she is telling you/showing you she doesnt like it now, leave her be until shes old enough to want it....

Some idiots ask me "boy or girl?" when they see my baby. when I say girl they go "no earrings?" I say "nope not yet"

I dont care what people say. they can check whats under her diaper if theyre so concerned what privates she has...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 11:34 am
Didn’t read the whole thread but I have a bunch of boys and one girl too. As a baby, she never kept any hair accessories on, and pulled out her earring at around 7 months. (She made her earlobe bleed.) I left it alone for a while till she asked for earrings again at age 2.5. Today she is 8 and the girliest girl you can imagine, she’s got all the hair accessories and glittery pink stuff in the world. So there is hope for your girlie to be the princess of your dreams, but it might take a little while.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 02 2022, 7:51 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Didn’t read the whole thread but I have a bunch of boys and one girl too. As a baby, she never kept any hair accessories on, and pulled out her earring at around 7 months. (She made her earlobe bleed.) I left it alone for a while till she asked for earrings again at age 2.5. Today she is 8 and the girliest girl you can imagine, she’s got all the hair accessories and glittery pink stuff in the world. So there is hope for your girlie to be the princess of your dreams, but it might take a little while.

Thank you! That was a hopeful post!

amother
Acacia

Post Sat, Jul 02 2022, 9:56 pm
I have 6 curly girls (and one curly boy) the secret is tresemme spray leave in conditioner and a good detangling brush. That doesn’t mean it will stay though (sadly).

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 4:11 am
I have thick curly hair and was embarrassed that I always had my hair cut short. Some of my girls have curly hair but I let it grow and never gave them short hair cuts.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 11:03 am
I get that you want a girly girl but dont push it. She is clearly telling you she is uncomfortable and doesnt like it. It doesnt mean she wont want or like it later but in her own way she is trying to tell you to stop. So respect her decision and let her be.
Pushing her can be dangerous (swallowing earrings and you still want her to wear them? Could be super dangerous... that is the point I would have stopped).
Pushing her could backfire and she could resent you and go the opposite direction and never wear anything pink or frilly or with a bow on it.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 11:13 am
I recommend that you look into the curly girl method for her hair
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics