Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
MOVING HELP ! Is it worth it ?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:03 am
Basically after many years of being in our apartment we finally found a bigger better and cheaper one and plan to move into it b eh. The thing is that we calculated that most of our furniture is very old and not really worth paying a whole truck and men to carry it for us as for the same price we may just buy a new one delivered into our new apartment. However our beds and fridge are in new condition and we don't want to discard it. Is there a way to pay less for moving and not hire a whole truck ?
(And with the small things we just figured that we will hire a van and pack everything into boxes and transport)

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:08 am
Rent a small u haul truck by the hour and hire day workers to shlep on and off.

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Basically after many years of being in our apartment we finally found a bigger better and cheaper one and plan to move into it b eh. The thing is that we calculated that most of our furniture is very old and not really worth paying a whole truck and men to carry it for us as for the same price we may just buy a new one delivered into our new apartment. However our beds and fridge are in new condition and we don't want to discard it. Is there a way to pay less for moving and not hire a whole truck ?
(And with the small things we just figured that we will hire a van and pack everything into boxes and transport)

Where I live, there are a few local guys who do this. One has a full size moving truck but also does smaller moves. The other only does smaller moves, like a few items.
The other option would be to see if you could get some college/bias medrash guys to move just the things you want. Rent a small uhaul truck for under $100, and pay a few guys (I’d say probably 2-4 guys) to move your stuff.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:24 am
amother [ Banana ] wrote:
Where I live, there are a few local guys who do this. One has a full size moving truck but also does smaller moves. The other only does smaller moves, like a few items.
The other option would be to see if you could get some college/bias medrash guys to move just the things you want. Rent a small uhaul truck for under $100, and pay a few guys (I’d say probably 2-4 guys) to move your stuff.
How much is reasonable to pay by the hour ? Also don't we need a license to drive a truck ?

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How much is reasonable to pay by the hour ? Also don't we need a license to drive a truck ?

I don’t know, I’ve never done that. And I’ve never rented a uhaul :-) I don’t think you need a special license though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating