Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
200 thread count linen

einkorn

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:56 am
is this the ideal?

some 200 tc are soooooo soft and some even higher thread counts are not?

I thought the higher the softer?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:58 am
200 thread count cotton linen is the minimum.

Amarante

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:59 am
Not necessarily as different cotton is softer and the thread count is often just a marketing ploy.

Higher quality cotton says it is Egyptian or Pima which have longer fibers which produce a softer feel. So you can have a lower thread count and it is higher quality than a higher thread count made from inferior cotton

Last edited by Amarante on Sun, Jul 03 2022, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 12:14 pm
It really depends because different companies market things as higher threads counts than others. Make sure it’s 100% cotton and fell it before to see if it’s not too thin or rough. Ideal thread count is between 300-500 thread count IMO.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 12:26 pm
Amarante wrote:
Not necessarily as different cotton is softer and the thread count is often just a marketing ploy.

Higher quality cotton says it is Egyptian and Pima which have longer fibers which produce a softer feel. So you can have a lower thread count and it is higher quality than a higher thread count made from inferior cotton

Thanks for the info Amarante! Always good to learn something new!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 12:31 pm
SuperWify wrote:
It really depends because different companies market things as higher threads counts than others. Make sure it’s 100% cotton and fell it before to see if it’s not too thin or rough. Ideal thread count is between 300-500 thread count IMO.

I chime in with the 100% cotton check!
Long time ago most bedding in israel was cotton blend with a strong good percentage of syntethics Can't Believe It

einkorn

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 1:11 pm
its def 100% cotton. just wondering about the thread count?

redrose

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 2:33 pm
I'm a linen manufacturer and let me explain, thread count is how many threads per inch, the higher the thread count the thinner the threads and the softer the fabric. If you have a 200 thread count which feels soft I would be afraid it will shed easily as thin threads and only 200 thread count. Someone mentioned about Pima or Egyptian cotton, its not necessarily true, plus you can totally not trust the label on that as I know many that are misleading. I always recommend a good 300 thread count cotton not particular Pima or Egyptian! Hope this info helps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars