Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Yikes, looks like Ill be going to mikvah on vacation...
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:38 pm
Were staying at an air bnb with my family in a few days. Our room has one bed. My brothers are getting the second room which has two twins.

I just got my period today. HELP!! Now what?

My parents are not frum. They are aware that there are times in the month I separate from my husband. Theyre going to see my husband sleeping on the couch in the living room.

Any advice? Chizuk?

Kind of really annoyed!!!! I was hoping to be together on vacation.

And any ideas of finding a mikvah in Fort Lauderdale/Miami? I dont know the area at all.

exaustedmom

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:40 pm
Can you bring along a sleeping bag for your husband so that he can still sleep in the same room?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:41 pm
exaustedmom wrote:
Can you bring along a sleeping bag for your husband so that he can still sleep in the same room?

Thats a good idea.
Are we able to take turns on the floor so hes not so uncomfortable? I remember learning he cant sleep in my bed when im niddah...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Were staying at an air bnb with my family in a few days. Our room has one bed. My brothers are getting the second room which has two twins.

I just got my period today. HELP!! Now what?

My parents are not frum. They are aware that there are times in the month I separate from my husband. Theyre going to see my husband sleeping on the couch in the living room.

Any advice? Chizuk?

Kind of really annoyed!!!! I was hoping to be together on vacation.

And any ideas of finding a mikvah in Fort Lauderdale/Miami? I dont know the area at all.

That's realky awkward. I'm sorry!
First, absolutely don't have your husband sleep on the living room couch. Either bring a sleeping bag or an air mattress or something that you can do under the radar.
Secondly, there definitely are mikvaos in miami! Look on mikvah.org to find out what's closest to where you're staying.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thats a good idea.
Are we able to take turns on the floor so hes not so uncomfortable? I remember learning he cant sleep in my bed when im niddah...

I don't think so, but good question for a rabbi

mommyhood

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:45 pm
We brought an air mattress with us. If you’re flying might be worth buying and tossing after to be more comfortable.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:48 pm
You get foldable mattresses which you can pack in your suitcase and noone will see. Inflatable mattresses are a little more complicated.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:50 pm
OP, you got very good suggestions.
Here is the info on mikvaos.

https://www.mikvah.org/directory
Put Hollywood, Florida I to the search box

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:52 pm
Ty everyone.
It has to be something I can fit into a carry on Can't Believe It Can't Believe It
Oysh this stinks!

Will check out mikvah.org
I found "daughters of israel" it looks gorgeous- is 55$ normal to spend?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ty everyone.
It has to be something I can fit into a carry on Can't Believe It Can't Believe It
Oysh this stinks!

Will check out mikvah.org
I found "daughters of israel" it looks gorgeous- is 55$ normal to spend?

Daughters of Israel is newly renovated and gorgeous. Imo not worth the money but that's for you to decide. My goal for mikvah is to get in and out asap. If you're the type who enjoys the experience then it will be nice for you.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:57 pm
tell your brothers on arrival that you checked the beds and you like the twin beds more because of the mattress / softness / whatever and please can you switch rooms

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:57 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Daughters of Israel is newly renovated and gorgeous. Imo not worth the money but that's for you to decide. My goal for mikvah is to get in and out asap. If you're the type who enjoys the experience then it will be nice for you.

I usually prep at a nice mikvah bc its my alone time/quality time but its harder on vacation. Id rather be in and out and go out for dinner with dh to also make it a fun evening.
Do you mind sharing which mikvah you go to?

I just need it to be clean, no hair on the floor etc.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 7:00 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
tell your brothers on arrival that you checked the beds and you like the twin beds more because of the mattress / softness / whatever and please can you switch rooms

theyre 25 and 22, they dont want to share a queen bed

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 7:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I usually prep at a nice mikvah bc its my alone time/quality time but its harder on vacation. Id rather be in and out and go out for dinner with dh to also make it a fun evening.
Do you mind sharing which mikvah you go to?

I just need it to be clean, no hair on the floor etc.

If you're staying in ft Lauderdale it would anyway be a long drive to Miami Beach, unless you'll be in that area anyway. I usually use jovita cojab in north Miami Beach. It's very cheap and very simple. But clean, and the ladies there are always nice and discreet. They don't check you unless you want (at daughters of Israel they do check everyone). If you make an appointment there's usually no wait.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 7:05 pm
Pick up an air mattress locally when you arrive. You should be able to find in target/ Walmart.

amother
Lotus

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 7:06 pm
Order an air mattress that self inflates (plus extra sheets, blanket if needed) on amazon and have it delivered to where you will be staying.
Next time you can ask your doctor what you can take to delay your period so you can go on vacation without worries.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 7:07 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
If you're staying in ft Lauderdale it would anyway be a long drive to Miami Beach, unless you'll be in that area anyway. I usually use jovita cojab in north Miami Beach. It's very cheap and very simple. But clean, and the ladies there are always nice and discreet. They don't check you unless you want (at daughters of Israel they do check everyone). If you make an appointment there's usually no wait.

hey, thanks!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 7:09 pm
amother [ Lotus ] wrote:
Order an air mattress that self inflates (plus extra sheets, blanket if needed) on amazon and have it delivered to where you will be staying.
Next time you can ask your doctor what you can take to delay your period so you can go on vacation without worries.

I am not able to take any hormonal BC at the moment
I would have taken aygestin but cant for a few months

Good idea aout air mattress. But how do I make sure my family doesnt see it? Theyre the type to say oh why did u order an air mattress? do u have to separate again? Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Banging head

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 7:10 pm
Also don't let it ruin your vacation!! Me and my husband have had some of our best vacations in niddah. It allows for connection in a totally different way which is so important for a relationship.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 7:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am not able to take any hormonal BC at the moment
I would have taken aygestin but cant for a few months

Good idea aout air mattress. But how do I make sure my family doesnt see it? Theyre the type to say oh why did u order an air mattress? do u have to separate again? Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Banging head

Just don't let them see it. Sneak it in in a bag and inflate it when they're not around, and keep the door of your room shut. You're adults its normal to want your privacy and they should learn to respect your boundaries.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics