Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Removing lace front- worth it?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 1:37 am
I got a lacefront as a kallah from a "top" SM in my area.
She did a really horrible job with it. I spent hundreds trying to fix it but I still hate the lace front. At this point (3 years later) im thinking of removing the lace front completely and putting baby hairs.

My other sheital is a lacefront and I dont know what a regular sheital looks like on me.

Has anyone done this? is it possible?
Around how much is it to remove a lace front and put baby hairs?

Long island is preferable but I will travel to bk if it means not dealing with a diva. Someone who is professional, shows up to her appointment, isnt talking on her phone while dealing with you, answers phone calls etc (can you see Ive been burned out by other SMs?)

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 1:41 am
following

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 3:54 am
I would stop putting in more money and try to sell it.

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 4:04 am
I'm in the same boat. I finally decided to go ahead and get a lace front and I think this hair was not sewn in right because it looks absolutely awful. And when I try to take it into her she said no it's just me and I'm just not used to that style. But I've seen tons of other people's and there's all look great. I'm also thinking about taking off the lace front I'm adding baby hairs. Because in the meantime I can't wear it at all. It's a very big disappointment. If somebody used to be very good and then she started taking on extra people to help her work and really lost a huge part of her good customer service. Unfortunately her name is not as good as it was in the beginning. I'm sure she means well but she really had me lose a lot of money with a wig that I can't wear.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 5:27 am
If you've always worn a lace, your wig might look heavy if you change it over. Because it won't be as flat so the whole look will be more wiggy.

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:39 am
You can have the entire lace front replaced instead of removing. You can't just remove a lace front - it will be missing an inch of hair

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:51 am
SuperWify wrote:
I would stop putting in more money and try to sell it.

I havent put money into it in a few months.
I dont want to sell it. its a nice sheital (zissy)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:51 am
amother [ Glitter ] wrote:
You can have the entire lace front replaced instead of removing. You can't just remove a lace front - it will be missing an inch of hair

thats good to know thanks
whatif they remove the lace front and make the cap bigger in the back so it fits normally?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:52 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
If you've always worn a lace, your wig might look heavy if you change it over. Because it won't be as flat so the whole look will be more wiggy.

Even with baby hairs?
I see really nice ones on instagram

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:52 am
I always wanted to have a sheital I could wear up for weddings and events.
Would that be possible to do with my sheital? Does it have to be converted?

imokay

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:39 am
Why don’t you just close the lace? They fold the front back in underneath so you have the flatness of the lace without any of the lace sticking out on your forehead. You can then add baby hairs to fill out the front.

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thats good to know thanks
whatif they remove the lace front and make the cap bigger in the back so it fits normally?

Eh... It's complicated. You need a really good sm who you trust to look at it and see what can be done.

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I always wanted to have a sheital I could wear up for weddings and events.
Would that be possible to do with my sheital? Does it have to be converted?

Most wigs can be worn up easily. You might want to add a clip in the back for it to feel more secure but that's just a few dollars.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 11:02 am
imokay wrote:
Why don’t you just close the lace? They fold the front back in underneath so you have the flatness of the lace without any of the lace sticking out on your forehead. You can then add baby hairs to fill out the front.

the lace was done really bad I dont think folding it would do anything.
it was sewn in upside down, they ripped it out but it in again, then didnt add enough hair, then added too much hair etc. its been back and forth.
not sure how to attach a pic to this website

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 11:02 am
Most wigs can be worn up easily. You might want to add a clip in the back for it to feel more secure but that's just a few dollars.

it doesnt go up
looks really strange

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
it doesnt go up
looks really strange

Than it's likely the wig does not fit your head properly. That could explain why the lace never looked right.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I got a lacefront as a kallah from a "top" SM in my area.
She did a really horrible job with it. I spent hundreds trying to fix it but I still hate the lace front. At this point (3 years later) im thinking of removing the lace front completely and putting baby hairs.

My other sheital is a lacefront and I dont know what a regular sheital looks like on me.

Has anyone done this? is it possible?
Around how much is it to remove a lace front and put baby hairs?

Long island is preferable but I will travel to bk if it means not dealing with a diva. Someone who is professional, shows up to her appointment, isnt talking on her phone while dealing with you, answers phone calls etc (can you see Ive been burned out by other SMs?)
Can you come to Zissi in BP and see what they suggest?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:58 pm
Than it's likely the wig does not fit your head properly. That could explain why the lace never looked right.

it fits perfectly thats the thing
the lace is just so bad that even when pulled up it looks weird

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:58 pm
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
Can you come to Zissi in BP and see what they suggest?

Whats the benefit of going to them directly?

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
it fits perfectly thats the thing
the lace is just so bad that even when pulled up it looks weird

So then when the lace is fixed it will look better up.
It's hard to diagnose over the Internet but it's best to find someone trustworthy - would you go to chayas precuts? I think she's in Brooklyn
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels