Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Pls help a desperate mama - daily menus for 8 month old?
Previous  1  2

pause

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 4:43 pm
lovecouches wrote:
I actually found that they choke on the soft part of the bread. It basically gets stuck to the top of their mouth. The crust is good cuz they gnaw at it until it softens.

Crust is good for teething, but to feed a kid enough food to be full, they need a full slice of bread. Some (usually white) breads turn into dough when moistened, but the bread we use is perfect.

yidisheh mama

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 4:50 pm
pause wrote:
Crust is good for teething, but to feed a kid enough food to be full, they need a full slice of bread. Some (usually white) breads turn into dough when moistened, but the bread we use is perfect.

I only use whole wheat bread. At 8 months my kids would definitely eat both the crust and the inside without getting stuck on either part. The crust on rye bread, though, is tougher and may be what you and/or poster upthread are referring to.

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 12:03 am
This is what my baby had today (and I’m not saying it’s healthy. This is just what he ate. I’m not trying to be perfect healthy mom.):

Breakfast: cheerios, Chex, blueberries

Lunch: whole grain noodles, cucumber, roasted butternut squash (he hardly ate any of that)

Snack: rice cake

Dinner: grated apple, riced cauliflower mushroom soup, hard boiled egg

Some things he has really enjoyed lately: peanut butter spread thinly on bread , hummus thinly spread on soft wheat tortilla, canned lightly salted beans that I rinse off and season with garlic powder & chili powder (that was a surprise for me that he enjoys that so much), omelets and watermelon. (I cut up everything into manageable pieces when necessary). He’s also really gotten into soups. I let him feed himself I just put the food on the spoon with him (I try to do it for him but he doesn’t like to let go of the spoon so we end up doing it together….).

I’m also looking for ideas. Many of the meals I make aren’t baby friendly either. My family loves salt. It isn’t always practical to add at the end of a making something. He also had a sensitivity to milk and we eat a lot of dairy….

4g01o

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 10:39 am
This is what my 9 month old had so far today.
It's gone 3.30 here.

Milk bottle

Weetabix

Milk bottle

Bit of bamba, he wasn't interested in lunch.

He's asleep now. When he wakes up I plan to give him milk, then an avacado sandwich.

He doesn't really eat proper food yet, I need to concentrate on it all more. He eats bananas, fruit purees, bread with avacado or peanut butter, bamba...not that much else so I need to start.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 12:52 pm
I read up on baby led weaning and though I didn't follow it to a T I liked the general idea.
My baby ate avocado cut into big sticks, whole banana (both of them I rolled in baby cereal to give it a better grip, a BLW tip). Baked sweet potato wedges were a hit as well. Surprisingly baked broccoli was also something she enjoyed chewing on.
I would also make chicken patties and shape them into sticks (cooked in betty crocker) and she would nibble on that too.
Cut up apple wedges (with the peel on for better grip) spray with a bit of oil, bake on 400 for about 25 minutes- that was also a good one she enjoyed.

She still had some bottles of formula or baby cereal in between, for my own conscience, to know she's getting food into her body. If was fun to watch and so much easier to prepare.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 12:54 pm
Thanks so much all!!

So today I've tried so far some wholewheat bread and also hard boiled egg. He really like the bread. And he made funny faces while trying the egg but he definitely ate some of it.

And for the first time in a loooong time, he actually wasn't interested in nursing before his nap.

This has been really helpful. It's great to hear all different ideas.

Please keep the responses coming!

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:18 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Didn’t this have salt as well?

Salt is essential to life. Why are you so worried about it?

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:40 pm
My baby at 8 months was eating moroccan fish, rice, chicken, ktzitzot, bolognase, eggs, scrambled eggs, sandwiches...
Whatevr we ate for dinner in a modified form

renslet

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 7:28 pm
Check out the solid starts website and follow them on instagram.it literally changed my life

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 1:38 pm
andrea levy wrote:

Also why should baby like bland food, do you?

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 2:06 pm
Am I the only one petrified of choking? My 8 month old has no teeth yet and they get purees only

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 2:35 pm
andrea levy wrote:

I remember the dr saying that young babies, think it was the kidneys, aren't developed enough to cope with too much salt. But a bit of salt I think is fine.

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 2:36 pm
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:
Also why should baby like bland food, do you?

The issue is too much salt. You can add other spices or foods to get them used to a varied palate and diet.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics