Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Lonely

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:33 pm
For those that go upstate every year did you realize that your neighbor is staying here
they can't afford a vacation like you
To them you are a lucky jew
Did you think to invite them for a shabbos at all
Or did you forget since your having a ball
No it's not your fault that they are in the city this year
But you can do something to give them some cheer
Inviting them to join might be an inconvenience or two
However that should not stop you
When there is room in the heart there is room in the home
What a mitzvah you will teach your kids
To always be there for a fellow yid.

English3

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:37 pm
Op I am joining you in the misery camp. I hate every year watching all the stuff getting sent to vacation I just want to jump along. I love vacation šŸ˜.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:38 pm
Iā€™m stuck here too. But most people who go up donā€™t have the amenities or the koach to have guests. Itā€™s not their responsibility to host others. Perhaps Iā€™d hope my family could invite me but not my neighbors!

amother
Maize

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 12:22 am
I get so depressed this time of year. Boro park is too quiet for me. I feel like everyone is away and having fun, and I'm just lonely

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 12:28 am
Am I the only one that actually disagrees? Most that go up are not having fun and are working hard. They are in little rundown bungalows. They are not interested in hosting anyone regardless. City kids have a full day of day camp and do amazing things each week.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 12:31 am
flowerpower wrote:
Am I the only one that actually disagrees? Most that go up are not having fun and are working hard. They are in little rundown bungalows. They are not interested in hosting anyone regardless. City kids have a full day of day camp and do amazing things each week.

Nobody chooses to go upstate to be miserable. I certainly donā€™t feel bad for them. That said, they donā€™t owe you invitations either.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 3:41 am
OP the poem was really written well. Now as someone who has never been upstate and has no idea what those areas are like, I must say I Love the city when my neighbors / friends go away. I love the quiet. I have time for myself. (yes I am extremely introverted but have friends). I love the quiet in the Building I live in, the shops are empty. Yay!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club