Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Fashion experts - have a question

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 4:15 am
I’m going to a bar mitzvah in lakewood in July imH
It’s a night event.

I went to a very high end mall yesterday (not in USA) & bright Colors and were all the rage.
In my opinion I think it’s gorgeous!

I bought a designer blouse in a beautiful silk in a gorgeous shade of purple & plan to wear it with a black skirt. It’s a solid color with no print.
Here’s my question:
Can I wear those 2 Colors with another color shoes? Thinking of orange. A slingback for the evening.
It’d look like a color block look.
Thoughts?
Or do I stick with boring black evening shoe ?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 4:46 am
You won’t see orange shoes at Lakewood bar mitzva but u won’t see purple blouses either. I see a lot of nude/champagne colored shoes and dresses with small flowers or black dresses
You can wear what u want just letting u know what everyone’s wearing

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 4:48 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
You won’t see orange shoes at Lakewood bar mitzva but u won’t see purple blouses either. I see a lot of nude/champagne colored shoes and dresses with small flowers or black dresses
You can wear what u want just letting u know what everyone’s wearing

So boring 😕

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 4:50 am
I think a purple blouse is ok and will blend in enough. But orange shoes is pushing it a bit far. But it’s a free county and and if that’s what you like and feel comfortable in then just wear it. What’s your goal to fit in or to wear what you like?

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 4:51 am
You can wear light colored shoes with nude pantyhose but you can’t wear orange shoes. You can wear black shoes if you want but not black tights.
I live in Lakewood and wear black skirts often …

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 4:51 am
K. Thx. I’ll wear black shoes.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:00 am
https://ninewest.com/products/.....aw.ds

Simple1

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So boring 😕

Not at all boring. I actually recently felt out of place at a wedding in my boring classic black dress. You don't need black shoes, but orange is not typical. If you want color, maybe something like soft pink.

You can totally wear what you want. No one cares. But if you want to see what's in style, check out frum websites such as Junees. (And it's not just frum, I keep getting Google ads for these types of dresses from Saks and other non Jewish places.)

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:18 am
Simple1 wrote:
Not at all boring. I actually recently felt out of place at a wedding in my boring classic black dress. You don't need black shoes, but orange is not typical. If you want color, maybe something like soft pink.

You can totally wear what you want. No one cares. But if you want to see what's in style, check out frum websites such as Junees. (And it's not just frum, I keep getting Google ads for these types of dresses from Saks and other non Jewish places.)

Re the bolded: obviously that's not true considering all the comments so far.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:23 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
https://ninewest.com/products/tatiana-pointy-toe-pumps-in-black-tropical-print?utm_source=google&utm_medium=pla&utm_campaign=Performance+Max+-+Womens&utm_content=&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwn4qWBhCvARIsAFNAMigrJbGaOo1OxtoiYeUspbXiGRkQusjk40NH0LKfh9yXNX2QB9lNpjwaAshYEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thx for the link.
But I cannot wear a heel like that.
But I get what you’re saying

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thx for the link.
But I cannot wear a heel like that.
But I get what you’re saying

I was just thinking that about those heels- ow!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:27 am
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
I was just thinking that about those heels- ow!!!

I have a great pair of patterned shoes.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:30 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I think a purple blouse is ok and will blend in enough. But orange shoes is pushing it a bit far. But it’s a free county and and if that’s what you like and feel comfortable in then just wear it. What’s your goal to fit in or to wear what you like?

This is my opinion as well (I don't live in Lakewood).

I'd rather look and feel awesome even at the expense of blending in. As long as you are not showing skin beyond what is accepted or wearing clothes that are untzniusly tight, I say have fun. Sounds fabulous!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics