Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Yikes, looks like Ill be going to mikvah on vacation...
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 4:13 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Just don't let them see it. Sneak it in in a bag and inflate it when they're not around, and keep the door of your room shut. You're adults its normal to want your privacy and they should learn to respect your boundaries.

Bringing it to my room isnt an issue, but having mail waiting for us by the air bnb is the issue bc theyre going to ask why I had to amazon prime something.

but someone above had a great idea about going to walmart! I didnt even think of that

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 4:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bringing it to my room isnt an issue, but having mail waiting for us by the air bnb is the issue bc theyre going to ask why I had to amazon prime something.

but someone above had a great idea about going to walmart! I didnt even think of that

That's a good idea! Or just make up a random story of something you ordered for the trip but it wasn't coming in time.

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 4:41 pm
We usually bring an air mattress to my in-laws bc DH is a light sleeper and doesn't like the bed. You can always use that as an excuse if you go to Walmart and get one.

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 6:52 pm
Buy an air mattress in Walmart. There are tons of Walmarts in Florida and you will need to buy stuff anyways.
Look at a pic of the room first tomsee what size you need to make it work.
Night you go to mikvah, just do a date night with dh....

amother
Sand

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:26 pm
amother [ Watermelon ] wrote:
Buy an air mattress in Walmart. There are tons of Walmarts in Florida and you will need to buy stuff anyways.
Look at a pic of the room first tomsee what size you need to make it work.
Night you go to mikvah, just do a date night with dh....

I just have to say that I'm sure it gives Hashem so much nachas to see how you are putting in effort to be close to your husband and Him! I'm sure in the end it'll be special. And if family says oh you have to separate again just smile and you can say wow you notice everything! And yes,enjoy your date night, book a nice restaurant for that night and a walk on the boardwalk! You deserve it!!

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:21 pm
Chabad of Ft Lauderdale has a mikvah I'm pretty sure. Call them. Galt drive I think is the street.

yiddishmom

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:09 pm
To make it even easier, you can order the mattress online and schedule for curbside pickup. (Walmart or Target)

WitchKitty

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thats a good idea.
Are we able to take turns on the floor so hes not so uncomfortable? I remember learning he cant sleep in my bed when im niddah...

If this is the first time you're there, it's not 'your' bed. It's not anybody's bed, and you can both sleep in it (not together of course)

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:52 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
If this is the first time you're there, it's not 'your' bed. It's not anybody's bed, and you can both sleep in it (not together of course)

AYLOR. In the sefer I use it states that once you designate a bed as "yours" by sleeping in it, it is considered your bed for the duration of your stay. There may be differences of opinion, but it's definitely not universally allowed to switch.

WitchKitty

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 11:42 pm
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
AYLOR. In the sefer I use it states that once you designate a bed as "yours" by sleeping in it, it is considered your bed for the duration of your stay. There may be differences of opinion, but it's definitely not universally allowed to switch.

You're saying that by sleeping in it the first time it becomes hers?
That's very interesting. Never heard that before.

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 11:56 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
You're saying that by sleeping in it the first time it becomes hers?
That's very interesting. Never heard that before.

That's what the book says, but in all of my learning I have discovered one very important thing: There are almost always other opinions Smile I think it's good to know when something MAY be an issue, but it's usually a good idea to ask your Rav to find out if it's really an issue for you!

(You may not have heard about it if your Rav/Kallah teacher doesn't hold that it's a problem.)

WitchKitty

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 12:04 am
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
That's what the book says, but in all of my learning I have discovered one very important thing: There are almost always other opinions Smile I think it's good to know when something MAY be an issue, but it's usually a good idea to ask your Rav to find out if it's really an issue for you!

(You may not have heard about it if your Rav/Kallah teacher doesn't hold that it's a problem.)

Do you hold that way?
How would that work in your home? If you sleep in a bed when not niddah, it becomes yours? Does that mean there is no such thing as beds that don't belong to anyone? (sorry for all the questions, I find this interesting)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 2:06 pm
amother [ Sand ] wrote:
I just have to say that I'm sure it gives Hashem so much nachas to see how you are putting in effort to be close to your husband and Him! I'm sure in the end it'll be special. And if family says oh you have to separate again just smile and you can say wow you notice everything! And yes,enjoy your date night, book a nice restaurant for that night and a walk on the boardwalk! You deserve it!!

tysm for the chizuk this was great to read!
is there a specific boardwalk to walk around? I want to try to go out for dinner but I dont know if itll be a late night since I cant even begin prep until like 8 pm

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 2:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
is there a specific boardwalk to walk around? I want to try to go out for dinner but I dont know if itll be a late night since I cant even begin prep until like 8 pm

So do dinner first?
Some people hold that you can't have meat right before mikvah so if that's you you can go for milchigs

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 2:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Street kitchen has such good food and is open till 1030. Must make reservation a day in advance. They book up fast.
Feugo people love too. Also closes 1030.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 3:43 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
So do dinner first?
Some people hold that you can't have meat right before mikvah so if that's you you can go for milchigs

I always find that on mikvah night I never eat until around 11 pm when im home. Bc we dont eat fleishigs day of and then im just rushing around to get to mikvah and take care of last minute things lol.

will deff try dinner first this time! bh I have free babysitters that night LOL

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 11:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I always find that on mikvah night I never eat until around 11 pm when im home. Bc we dont eat fleishigs day of and then im just rushing around to get to mikvah and take care of last minute things lol.

will deff try dinner first this time! bh I have free babysitters that night LOL

There is a really nice dairy/fish place in miami called 26 Tapas and Sushi (not just sushi)
Go there to eat and then head for the mikvah - if you have babysitters take advantage!!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics