Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Rosh hashana at home

Fulloflove

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 12:17 pm
I'm looking for ideas from other mommies on how to make rosh hashana very meaningful at home for my kids before going to shul. Maybe you could suggest cute books, creative games, stories and more. One thing I always do is buy my kids a new toy to keep occupied with even something small but that only lasts so long. Thanks

mother48

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 12:22 pm
don't know the ages of your kids, but mine are toddlers, (3 and 2) so I'll go with that:

alef bais magnets,

for RH related, how about like a science table like they use in school, a few shofars, sort colored apples, pics of rams and goats, if they like to build, if you sit with them on the floor, my kids love to 'build' the bais hamikdosh.

hint: make sure e/o is well fed b4 going to shul(including mommy) and of course snacks for shul...

good luck, I think we'll all need it!

jewgal84

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 1:26 pm
In the past for RH program I've done the following:

You can try getting diff pics related to RH (or/and YK) and make copies to create your own matching game ( they can even pre-color on erev RH if you need them to "get out of your hair").

If kids are older,you can get hold of a bunch of pics related to RH (or/and YK) and create your own BINGO game.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics