Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Has anyone ever done coaching -very high end - did it help?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 1:48 pm
I'm curious to hear if anyone hear has ever hired a coach (not a therapist) that charges $400+ per hour and if there was any benefit.

Also wondering if these frum coaches that are charging this much money have a lot of business and how much they actually make.

I was shocked out of my mind to see a frum life coach charge $500 per hour for a session!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 4:56 pm
Bump

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 4:59 pm
There’s gotta be some degree of placebo effect involved if they are successful. Anyone putting that much money into something is going to be very (literally) invested in seeing it through

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:31 pm
I can see them charge more "reasonable" rates of $85 to a hundred something$ and then get very popular in our insular frum world and so to reduce the amount of clients up their price a lot. I don't think the value increases that much from when they were charging less, sometimes I see the opposite, as their arrogance gets in the way.

Unless someone I knew very well shared their experience and I researched the method very well would I consider someone who charges that much. Still don't think I would go for it.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:32 pm
Of course there's the people used in the corporate world, I don't know enough about them but maybe they are more reliable.

Not_in_my_town

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:38 pm
I have a weekly coaching session with Rabbi Friedman, together with my husband. He's turned our lives around. Worth every penny.

A marriage that I was ready to give up on is turning around, my husband discovered that Yiddishkeit is beautiful, I have gained courage to just be ME without pretending to fit into a box that wasn't made for me, have strengthened my connection to Hashem and understand Yiddishkeit from a positive perspective, have seen my children come to life as Yiddishkeit became more pleasant and sensible to them, and have gained understanding into what pyschologically makes me tick.

I've spent thousands of dollars so far and don't regret a penny of it.

I am a deeper, more loving, more understanding human being who can see beyond the "me monster" and realize that I have a job to do here.

I am needed.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:45 pm
Manis Friedman is a different category lol. I hate to break it to you, but most of the information is available free online. I just don't think your husband would have volunteered to listen though.

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:46 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Manis Friedman is a different category lol. I hate to break it to you, but most of the information is available free online. I just don't think your husband would have volunteered to listen though.
Very little information that anybody in the world can share is NOT available for free online. The point is to have someone coaching through it.

Not_in_my_town

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:48 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:

Obviously, you've never done coaching with him.

The information he shares online is nothing like the guidance he gives you one-on-one.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:52 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
Obviously, you've never done coaching with him.

The information he shares online is nothing like the guidance he gives you one-on-one.

I've spent HOURS watching his stuff, I can tell it to you verbatim. Anytime I go to his events I can tell you the exact next word that he's going to say. I agree it would be helpful to ask him advice for any specific question I have on the spot. Specifically when I'm learning something as his translation of text is incredible. But still doable without one on one coaching.

Not_in_my_town

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:58 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
I've spent HOURS watching his stuff, I can tell it to you verbatim. Anytime I go to his events I can tell you the exact next word that he's going to say. I agree it would be helpful to ask him advice for any specific question I have on the spot. Specifically when I'm learning something as his translation of text is incredible. But still doable without one on one coaching.

So, in other words, you believe you have absorbed all of his wisdom and he has nothing more to give?

By watching his shiurim, would I be able to discover what my primary issues are in life and how to fix them... You know, the things affect my personal interactions with other human beings? He's never addressed those issues in any shiurim because every human is world unto themself.

He can only give general info to many people, but can go into specifics with an individual. My husband and I watch all of his shiurim, but nothing compares to talking with him and getting guidance for big life decisions, such as: Am I wrong to divorce? What is motivating my behavior? What is job in this specific marriage at this specific point in time? What do I do about the way X,Y,Z is treating me? How should I discuss changes in life with my children? And so on and so forth.

No shiurim can substitute for one-on-one advice.

Not_in_my_town

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 6:04 pm
I think the same can be said for any life coach: For some people, the advice and the connection is worth it. For some people, it won't be.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 6:09 pm
Can I ask how much he charges per session - when I saw $500 per hour for a life coach I was quite literally floored.

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 6:09 pm
I don’t think a coach or / therapist should be charging $400 / hour. It’s not nice imo . Ofc we all have to make money, but truly it’s a helping profession . If you say how much can I possibly get away with charging - you are not being helpful. Just my opinion.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 6:10 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
I have a weekly coaching session with Rabbi Friedman, together with my husband. He's turned our lives around. Worth every penny.

A marriage that I was ready to give up on is turning around, my husband discovered that Yiddishkeit is beautiful, I have gained courage to just be ME without pretending to fit into a box that wasn't made for me, have strengthened my connection to Hashem and understand Yiddishkeit from a positive perspective, have seen my children come to life as Yiddishkeit became more pleasant and sensible to them, and have gained understanding into what pyschologically makes me tick.

I've spent thousands of dollars so far and don't regret a penny of it.

I am a deeper, more loving, more understanding human being who can see beyond the "me monster" and realize that I have a job to do here.

I am needed.

He is someone who charges $400 - $500 an hour?

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 6:35 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
He is someone who charges $400 - $500 an hour?

Yep

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 7:17 pm
Pple blow up on instagram and can them charge that much. It’s all about if pple are willing to pay.. I don’t know if this is who I are referring to but I wouldn’t be suprised if Alaya b on instagram charges insane amounts.. she’s very popular and some pple are willing to pay to get a “brand name” coach

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 7:23 pm
amother [ Molasses ] wrote:
I don’t think a coach or / therapist should be charging $400 / hour. It’s not nice imo . Ofc we all have to make money, but truly it’s a helping profession . If you say how much can I possibly get away with charging - you are not being helpful. Just my opinion.

This 100%. Everyone is entitled to make a living but this seems to be exploiting people who are desperate and willing to pay anything to try to resolve whatever issue they are having. Do these coaches not feel bad making so much money off of other people's misfortune? You can still earn a living earing $300 an hour...you don't need to charge $500!

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 7:28 pm
I don't think they are exploiting as much as they are trying to not be so unavailable.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 7:32 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
There’s gotta be some degree of placebo effect involved if they are successful. Anyone putting that much money into something is going to be very (literally) invested in seeing it through
Yes I took a course about coaching and they encourage you to charge more bec people who pay more tend to follow through and have a higher success rate.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics