Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Drinking water poll
1  2  Next

How do you supply drinking water for your home?
Sink without filter  
 22%  [ 46 ]
Sink with filter  
 34%  [ 70 ]
Monthly delivery  
 8%  [ 17 ]
Buy when grocery shopping  
 26%  [ 54 ]
Other  
 6%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 201

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 6:37 pm
Just curious how everyone supplies water for their home

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 6:48 pm
We buy spring water every week.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 6:56 pm
Also, if you can please expand. Which filter do you use, if you use without a filter is the water known to be good in your area, if you get it delivered monthly, do you get it delivered in big glass containers (supposedly that’s healthier) or the regular 5 gallons, do you pick it up when grocery shopping or do you have it delivered from the grocery store etc

amother
Amaranthus

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 7:31 pm
We keep pitchers of filtered tap water in the fridge. We all have reusable water bottles that we fill from the pitchers and bring to work/school/outings. Once a year before the summer we go to Costco and buy a big package of disposable water bottles for the kids to bring on camp/school trips and to give out to workers or delivery people or for company to take to the park or whatever.

mha3484

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 7:44 pm
At my office we have a water cooler.

At home ill drink anything but my husband detests tap water so we buy bottled spring water.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 8:23 pm
Other- water dispenser thats part of the fridge. Its the best thing (even though sometimes the floor gets wet...)

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:12 pm
Our fridge has a water dispenser. We fill up pitchers from the fridge before Shabbos and YT and refill from sink with brita faucet if needed over YT.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:27 pm
I have a water cooler and get 5 gallon bottles delivered monthly. I grew up on a water cooler and can't stand the taste of tap or filtered water.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:38 pm
On the search for a RO system with proper remineralization.

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:41 pm
I voted I have an in house filter, but then I remembered something else. Giving away my location here, last year during Hurricane Ida my local tap water got contaminated and was undrinkable for a while, the city gave out free bottled water, one case per family per day. We use those water bottles for school lunches and outings and such, and we still have a couple cases left, close to a year later.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:50 pm
amother [ Blushpink ] wrote:
I voted I have an in house filter, but then I remembered something else. Giving away my location here, last year during Hurricane Ida my local tap water got contaminated and was undrinkable for a while, the city gave out free bottled water, one case per family per day. We use those water bottles for school lunches and outings and such, and we still have a couple cases left, close to a year later.

That's insane lol. Would the filter be enough for the contamination?

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:54 pm
No, they told everyone at the time that if you have a water filter you can’t rely on it for that situation. We just don’t use a case of drinking water a day.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:54 pm
I grew up with reverse osmosis filter under the sink. Now that I'm married and rent an apartment I'm not installing anything so we have the pur filter on our faucet.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:58 pm
We had a filter installed in the sink cabinet and has small faucet for it next to the regular faucet. Best purchase ever.

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 10:03 pm

Passaic?

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 10:08 pm
amother [ Sunflower ] wrote:
Passaic?

Yup Hi

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 10:09 pm
Yup Hi

Laugh takes one to know one...
That was beyond a disaster...

Shoshana Rose

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 10:30 pm
We use under the sink filter, recently we added a separate faucet for drinking water 4X filtered.

A question to those using water coolers, how many bottles per month...

I drink daily about 16 cups of water (1 gallon), now add DH and kids... we would need MANY a month

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 11:02 pm
I have a filter you attach to the faucet. It has a cotton ball as a filter, that has to be changed
about once a month.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 3:26 am
Sink water with a Brita. Best decision we've made. We drink a ton of water- both plain and for homemade iced teas- so we've saved a lot on drinks.
Most people drink straight from the tap here, but we like the taste of filtered better.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen