Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Overnight babysitting pricing Boro Park

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 8:43 pm
Someone I know asked me if I would consider taking her 2 yr old overnight. It's not something I usually do, but she's not comfortable sending to someone the kid doesn't know... What is the going price for one night?

Edited to add that it would be from 3in the afternoon until the baby goes to daycare at 9:30 in the morning.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:08 pm
Anyone know?

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:09 pm
If it's not something you normally do you can name whatever price is worthwhile for you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:10 pm
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
If it's not something you normally do you can name whatever price is worthwhile for you.

I want to charge the going price if I agree to do it. Do you know what people charge for this?

amother
Skyblue

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:20 pm
In Monsey I paid $100 from 5pm until 9am.

amother
Zinnia

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:26 pm
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
Huh I paid $100 for 5pm to 10pm in Lakewood.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:33 pm
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:

A friend recently paid 120$

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:56 pm
Never thought to charge!?! I do for free

tichellady

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 10:07 pm
I can’t imagine charging less than $20/hr if I was gonna charge ( like not my relative or friend) It’s a big ask

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 10:36 pm
At least $100 per night

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 10:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Someone I know asked me if I would consider taking her 2 yr old overnight. It's not something I usually do, but she's not comfortable sending to someone the kid doesn't know... What is the going price for one night?

Edited to add that it would be from 3in the afternoon until the baby goes to daycare at 9:30 in the morning.

For full day (24 hours) the average price now is $175 -180 that’s around 7-8 dollars and hour…make the calculation of how many hours you’ll be watching the kid and charge accordingly.
Btw business is not a chesed, watching a toddler is no easy feat and the mom of the toddler knows that. I’m sure she’s happy she’s giving her in good hands and wouldn’t mind paying you what you deserve. Goodluck!

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 10:47 pm
Does toddler sleep thru the night? 7pm to 7am? Or goes to sleep, wakes up in the middle of the night or wakes at 5.30 am and won't go back to sleep?
(I have a 2yr old playgroup and I hear all kind of scenarios from parents! LOL )

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 10:53 pm
Thanks everyone

amother
Bellflower

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 11:11 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
For full day (24 hours) the average price now is $175 -180 that’s around 7-8 dollars and hour…make the calculation of how many hours you’ll be watching the kid and charge accordingly.
Btw business is not a chesed, watching a toddler is no easy feat and the mom of the toddler knows that. I’m sure she’s happy she’s giving her in good hands and wouldn’t mind paying you what you deserve. Goodluck!

Its your not making a business as a babysitter - then watching a toddler can be a chesed.

WhatFor

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 12:28 am
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
Does toddler sleep thru the night? 7pm to 7am? Or goes to sleep, wakes up in the middle of the night or wakes at 5.30 am and won't go back to sleep?
(I have a 2yr old playgroup and I hear all kind of scenarios from parents! LOL )

Even toddlers who normally sleep through the night may not sleep as usual in an environment they're not used to.

kreindel meidel

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 12:43 am
I just sent and it was 100$

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 7:30 am
All of your who answered without a location-is this for Boro Park?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 7:54 am
My dd did this often. ( in boro park) She slept over and picked up children from school, did hw, etc so she asked for 20 an hr for waking hours
You charge for waking hours so 3- 7ish (child is coming to you- so 8-10 an hr?)And then 100 for night hours.
So figure about 120-150.

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 10:09 am
Overnight babysitting doesn’t go per hour it’s a set price from $100-$120
Per hour babysitting like from 5pm-11pm is per hour and yes ends up the same as an overnight job.

tichellady

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 10:59 am
I don’t live in bp but $100 seems like nothing to me to watch a child overnight. It’s a lot of responsibility and can involve losing sleep and $100 would not cut it in my world.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics