Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Nice European Beach with kosher food
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 7:33 am
DrMom wrote:
You do not want to rent a car in Rome. Use buses or the metro. Not sure about getting to the beach -- there is probably a bus.

Most kosher restaurants are in the Jewish Quarter. It is not a big neighborhood, so you could easily stay in one of the adjacent areas

You may want to peruse the wider internet (instead of imamother) to research a little about each place you are considering.

Thanks.

Definitely doing tons of internet research. But it’s helpful to hear from others who went to know what to except if we need a car, kosher restaurants ect.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 12:22 pm
Bumping this up. Has anyone been to Marbella? E would like to go over Shabbos. Thanks!

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 12:23 pm
KMR is going to Tenerife this summer

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:21 am
Nice has kosher food and nice beaches

Europeans do go topless but you can usually find a nice quiet spot...

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m pretty sure you were in a nude beach.

Anyone has info on Marbella?

No
People can be randomly topless on European beaches.
They are also bottomless on nude beaches.
My dh doesn’t really go to the beach when we vacation. We either stroll along the shore or we go to a wilder spot.

He only agreed when the kids were really young and it was a pikuach nefesh thing for me.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m pretty sure you were in a nude beach.

Anyone has info on Marbella?

a european here. It was 100 percent not a nude beach. At the nude beach people are nude - not wearing anything at all and you are not allowed to enter if you are wearing something. Topless woman of any age could be on any beach though

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:36 am
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
Nice has kosher food and nice beaches

Europeans do go topless but you can usually find a nice quiet spot...

nice quiet spot ob a beach in France, please tell me where it is

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:40 am
amother [ Nasturtium ] wrote:
nice quiet spot ob a beach in France, please tell me where it is

We usually wake up early, head to the beach with a care and try to find a spot thats not an "officail" beach....

We dont usually find an empty spot, but we can find a spot that only has a few people and that we feel comfortable with

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 6:11 am
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
We usually wake up early, head to the beach with a care and try to find a spot thats not an "officail" beach....

We dont usually find an empty spot, but we can find a spot that only has a few people and that we feel comfortable with

how early is early and where do you park on Riviera? are we talking about South France?

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 6:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bumping this up. Has anyone been to Marbella? E would like to go over Shabbos. Thanks!

I was in Marbella years ago. You fly to malaga and from there you go by car or by taxi to Marbella - about an hour drive. There is now one kosher meat and one milk restaurant - so I am told, probably operating in summer only and I never went in the summer. There is a very nice Beit Chabad Synagoge there. A very small kosher store.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 6:17 am
I was in Marbella years ago. You fly to malaga and from there you go by car or by taxi to Marbella - about an hour drive. There is now one kosher meat and one milk restaurant - so I am told, probably operating in summer only and I never went in the summer. There is a very nice Beit Chabad Synagoge there. A very small kosher store.

The beach is not nice and very full but maybe if you drive somewhere else outside of the city its different

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 6:20 am
There are two kosher hotels in the Bournemouth beach resort in the UK.

Would that be of any interest to you?

During the summer they operate a grocery shop and deli/takeout so you could stay in a non Jewish budget hotel and then purchase your kosher food that way, as a cheaper option.

ETA The summer season is from after T B'Av.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 6:42 am
Capri has beautiful beaches and the Capri Tiberio Palace Hotel has an OU certified meat/pareve restaurant. The hotel is beautiful but extremely expensive ($1000 a night and up for just a room). There is another nice hotel close by called the Grand Hotel Quisisana, which is considerably cheaper but still very nice. The kosher restaurant is open for lunch and dinner for visitors and for breakfast for guests. They will also pack a picnic for guests only traveling around or off the island. For Shabbos, they have a buffet. I would check to make sure that the restaurant is open this summer since it was closed during the worst of covid. Also, consider that Capri requires you to get a hydrofoil boat ride of about an hour from the Naples port. It's very remote but very beautiful. Might be better for an adults only trip. Also, if your dh is into fancy stylish clothing, there is a men's clothing store called Isaia that posts a shatnez teudah for their suits.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 6:43 am
amother [ Petunia ] wrote:

During the summer they operate a grocery shop and deli/takeout so you could stay in a non Jewish budget hotel and then purchase your kosher food that way, as a cheaper option.

We’ve been last year. Also, we live in UK want to get out!

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 6:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We’ve been last year. Also, we live in UK want to get out!

The European beaches are renowned for being topless. Generally, most ppl who go to Spain only go to the beaches in the early evening when it's emptier and a lot less hotter. During the day they are in the pool at their rented villa.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 7:22 am

could you tell me the name of hitels please and maybe you know which hashgacha it is? tia!

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 7:37 am
could you tell me the name of hitels please and maybe you know which hashgacha it is? tia!

The Normandie Hotel under Kedassia supervision (the top hechsher in the UK)

The Water Garden Hotel under the supervision of Rabbi Alperowitz (Chabad Rabbi of Bournemouth) They only use chicken / meats from Kedassia.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 7:40 am
The Normandie Hotel under Kedassia supervision (the top hechsher in the UK)

The Water Garden Hotel under the supervision of Rabbi Alperowitz (Chabad Rabbi of Bournemouth) They only use chicken / meats from Kedassia.

great thanks, which one would you rather recommend if you know both?

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 7:42 am
great thanks, which one would you rather recommend if you know both?

Depends on your budget and what standard you are looking for.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics