Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO Brooklyn Psychiatrist who takes Medicaid for diagnosis t
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:05 pm
I need a Brooklyn Psychiatrist who takes Medicaid for a diagnosis to allow my DD to join a day program. I prefer Jewish or someone familiar with the frum community. This wouldnt be an ongoing thing, its only to get into the day program.

She hasnt seen a psychiatrist for many years, because she hasnt been on meds, but the day program needs a diagnosis from a psychiatrist.

The sooner we get her an appointment the better, so she can join the day program for her benefit.

Tia

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:11 pm
Would a neurologist do?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:18 pm
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:
Would a neurologist do?

Does he take Medicaid and give appointments quickly?

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does he take Medicaid and give appointments quickly?

Yes.
Dr. Henry Hasson

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:31 pm
Dr siller works at interborough. She was very nice and seemed pretty knowledgeable. I got appts rather quickly.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:32 pm
They mentioned psychiatrist.

Does anyone know of a psychiatrist who takes medicaid, who would give her the diagnosis, and not continue with him?

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:36 pm
Dr siller is a psychiatrist.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:44 pm
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
Dr siller is a psychiatrist.

does she take medicaid????

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:46 pm
Sipuk is a new local mental health clinic under Hamaspik they take medicaid and have 2 psychiatrists. They may also have day programs and other services under their umbrella.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:49 pm
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
Dr siller works at interborough. She was very nice and seemed pretty knowledgeable. I got appts rather quickly.

can't believe she didn't tell me she takes insurance! I paid out of pocket! pls if anyone has any info if she really accepts medicaid pls respond , thx!

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:53 pm
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
can't believe she didn't tell me she takes insurance! I paid out of pocket! pls if anyone has any info if she really accepts medicaid pls respond , thx!

Broom wrote that the doctor works at Interboro. Plenty of private doctors work 1x a week at a clinic. It's hard to get appointments with a specific doctor at a clinic but it is possible. Interboro pays the doctor but the clinic accepts medicaid. That doesn't mean the doctor accepts medicaid at her private practice.

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:54 pm

Well if you saw her in private practice, that doesn't mean she accepts medicaid there.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:54 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
Broom wrote that the doctor works at Interboro. Plenty of private doctors work 1x a week at a clinic. It's hard to get appointments with a specific doctor at a clinic but it is possible. Interboro pays the doctor but the clinic accepts medicaid. That doesn't mean the doctor accepts medicaid at her private practice.

thx for reply!

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:55 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:

This. I saw her an interborough which is a clinic. Not at her private practice. And yes, at the clinic she takes Medicaid.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 2:57 pm
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
This. I saw her an interborough which is a clinic. Not at her private practice. And yes, at the clinic she takes Medicaid.

is this dr. pamella siller?

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 3:17 pm
is this dr. pamella siller?

Yes. But I imagine she gives different type of service when you're paying out-of-pocket. I wasn't too impressed with her. But op asked for a diagnosis and for that she's more than qualified.

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 4:45 pm
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:
Yes.
Dr. Henry Hasson

Dr Hassan has quite a negative name out there

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 6:23 pm
amother [ Mulberry ] wrote:
Dr Hassan has quite a negative name out there

If you WANT a diagnosis?
(I wouldn't recommend him for a full eval)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 9:16 pm
Interborough doesnt allow patients to see a psychiatrist unless they have 3 sessions with a therapist first. Is that the way all psychiatrists work?

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 9:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Interborough doesnt allow patients to see a psychiatrist unless they have 3 sessions with a therapist first. Is that the way all psychiatrists work?

Private practice psychiatrists? No.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries