Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Yeshiva damesek eliezer Lakewood, anyone?

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Mar 04 2018, 10:35 pm
I’m looking into this elementary for my son, what type is it exactly? Anyone send there?

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 1:01 am
What is going on with this yeshiva? Is it stable ? I heard someone bought it off . Anyone have any info ?? Do they have a kindergarten ?

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 5:14 am
I send there. Yes it’s now under new management. We’re hoping it’ll only get better now. We personally didn’t have any major issues with the management till now bh.
No kindergarten.

It’s a really nice crowd - it’s very yeshivish and heimish families. I would venture to guess not too many of the mothers are on imamother... Wink
Very few with smart phones. The school doesn’t even send out text messages with school updates, only calls.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 9:38 am
Where is the building now?
Litvish havara?
How many boys in a class?

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 10:20 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Where is the building now?
Litvish havara?
How many boys in a class?

This year the school was split up into different locations because they didn’t get permits to be able to move into the trailers. They bought a piece of land on old whitesville rd, corner of Lakewood/new Egypt. Right outside westgate. Hopefully in September they’ll be able to be in the trailers.

Yiddish but only litvish havara

My son has 18 in his class but other classes below him are bigger afaik

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 11:04 pm
amother [ Magnolia ] wrote:
They bought a piece of land on old whitesville rd, corner of Lakewood/new Egypt. Right outside westgate.

Just wondering - where exactly? Right near Bnos Esther Malka?

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 11:08 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Just wondering - where exactly? Right near Bnos Esther Malka?

BEM is at one end of old whitesville, DE is at the other end. It’s a U shape street. DE bought 3 houses and put up trailers behind the houses (the ppl they bought from are renting from them I guess till they build a building)

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 11:15 pm
BEM is at one end of old whitesville, DE is at the other end. It’s a U shape street. DE bought 3 houses and put up trailers behind the houses (the ppl they bought from are renting from them I guess till they build a building)

Oh ok!

amother
Snapdragon

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 9:08 am
How do you feel about the english department? Do the boys learn anything? Is there english in primary?

amother
Magnolia

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 10:01 am
amother [ Snapdragon ] wrote:
How do you feel about the english department? Do the boys learn anything? Is there english in primary?

Leaves much to be desired but Bh my son is top in his class in reading, spelling, and math.. so I’m okay Smile I don’t think it’s much worse than any other litvish school tbh.

Would it be nice if he learned some science and history, yes. I have no idea if that’s even done here in Lakewood at all.

No English in primary.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 10:28 am
Leaves much to be desired but Bh my son is top in his class in reading, spelling, and math.. so I’m okay Smile I don’t think it’s much worse than any other litvish school tbh.

Would it be nice if he learned some science and history, yes. I have no idea if that’s even done here in Lakewood at all.

No English in primary.

Would you compare it more to litvish english departments in lakewood or chassidish? Do the younger grades have male teachers?

amother
Magnolia

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 10:32 am
amother [ Snapdragon ] wrote:
Would you compare it more to litvish english departments in lakewood or chassidish? Do the younger grades have male teachers?

I have zero knowledge of what goes on in other boys schools besides what I hear from nephews in shagas Aryeh and it sounds pretty similar

amother
Snapdragon

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 2:14 pm
Does anybody know the start date this school year?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children