Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Hachatzotzros official lyrics?

Choirmistress

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 9:54 am
I've been trying to find someone old enough to remember this round from having sung it in school, preferably in an official choir:
Hachatzotzros rah rah rah rah,
Uvechalili, li-li-li li-li-li,
Menagen kinor, meriror meriror,
Pa'am harishon bidi-bam bidi-bam,
Pa'am hasheni bidi-bam bam bam.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 10:12 am
Omg what memories. Haven't heard that song mentioned in ages!

Good luck finding the official lyrics although what you put out sounds right. Although did the first word start as bachatotzros?

amother
Aconite

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 1:19 pm
I remember it as Bachatzotzros not ha which makes sense with u'va chalilli, and as pa'amon rishon/ pa'amon sheini.
(Pa'amon is bell and pa'am rishon would be first time.)
I was sure no one else in the world remembers that song.

Choirmistress

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 4:06 pm
Thanks, Aconite and Pink, for your helpful corrections. I shall incorporate them onto my single-page file of the lyrics, typeset in two columns with Hebrew on the right and Latinized transliteration on the left.
Meanwhile, I have composed my own SIX-verse version, as it always chafed my sense of musical rhythm to have an odd number of verses in a round. Each of the six instrument "voice" lines rhymes internally instead of in pairs or not at all.
I would be happy to send anyone interested an email attachment of that expanded and modified version.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 4:18 pm
Choirmistress wrote:
Thanks, Aconite and Pink, for your helpful corrections. I shall incorporate them onto my single-page file of the lyrics, typeset in two columns with Hebrew on the right and Latinized transliteration on the left.
Meanwhile, I have composed my own SIX-verse version, as it always chafed my sense of musical rhythm to have an odd number of verses in a round. Each of the six instrument "voice" lines rhymes internally instead of in pairs or not at all.
I would be happy to send anyone interested an email attachment of that expanded and modified version.

I have similar recollections to the others, but could be I'm wrong, great memories from camp

Bachatzotzros rah rah rah rah,
Uvachalili, li-li-li li-li-li,
Menagen bekinor, meriror meriror,
Pa'am rishon miri-bam, miri bam,
Pa'am sheni miri-bam bam bam.

Choirmistress

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 4:29 pm
Thanks to you as well, Cerise. You are the first one I have read mentioning other than "bidi-bam" as the syllables for the last two lines, so I will leave at least those lines alone, but I have taken note of your other changes.
Thanks again.

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 4:36 pm
It's been years since I've thought about this song. Thanks for putting a smile on my face with great memories! Smile

Choirmistress

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 4:40 pm
You're most welcome!

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 11:13 pm
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
It's been years since I've thought about this song. Thanks for putting a smile on my face with great memories! Smile

Same! Smile

amother
Amaryllis

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 11:29 pm
We learned it on the bus to a school trip. I'm guessing around 1988.
One of the chumash teachers taught it with rounds.

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 11:51 pm
Choir mistress, these are Hebrew words that actually mean something- they are musical instruments.
If you are writing it up and teaching it, please run the words by a real Hebrew speaker so that the words are correct
You are basically stating the instruments and the sounds they make, so it needs to be “ba”chatzotzros and Paamon not Paam rishon for example.
It would not be ok to teach others the song incorrectly

Choirmistress

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 1:16 am
Quote:
Choir mistress, these are Hebrew words that actually mean something- they are musical instruments.
If you are writing it up and teaching it, please run the words by a real Hebrew speaker so that the words are correct
You are basically stating the instruments and the sounds they make, so it needs to be “ba”chatzotzros and Paamon not Paam rishon for example.
It would not be ok to teach others the song incorrectly

As I indicated previously, I have already made most of the suggested corrections.
Thanks, though, for your additional input.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 1:50 am
Does anyone know where the tune originated or was it composed for that song?

dessara

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 2:08 am
I also learned the last two lines as miri bam miri bam and miri bam bam bam

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 2:14 am
dessara wrote:
I also learned the last two lines as miri bam miri bam and miri bam bam bam

I remember it as biri bam bam bam

hanna2010

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 8:56 am
Choirmistress, I would love a copy.

Thanks

Choirmistress

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 10:31 am
Quote:
Choirmistress, I would love a copy.

Thanks

Thanks for your interest, hanna2010. A copy of which version, though? The collectively corrected original or my augmented version with six verses?
Never mind. I'll be glad to send you a copy of both when they're done. You may have to wait a week or more, though. I have a few priorities to handle first.
:-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts