Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Which hangers do you love

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 12:49 am
I want to buy new hangers for my closets and my kids closets but have no idea what to buy.
What are the best ones?
The velvet ones are pretty but are they convenient?

Ellie7

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 12:57 am
Am I the only one who has no real opinions or deep-seated emotions about hangers?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 1:05 am
Ellie7 wrote:
Am I the only one who has no real opinions or deep-seated emotions about hangers?

So no need to respond here.

I’ve have mismatched hangers all my life and it didn’t bother me a bit.
But a home makeover is pushing me to buy all matching hangers.
I don’t need fancy, just decent and all the same.

amother
Broom

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 2:12 am
Confession. I hate those pretty velvet hangers. The velvet rubs out and the hangers snap. Can't hang wet clothes properly on those velvet hangers for fear of residue. Their shape is also not the most natural for tops. The skirt hangers don't hold heavy pleated skirts and heavy denim skirts (the grip isn't strong enough). I use classic old fashioned clear hard hangers and no, they are not as pretty, and yes they do take up more space. But they are holding up well for over a decade and everything is neat matching and uniform.

amother
Milk

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 3:45 am
I got target wooden hangers abt 7 years ago. It was $10 for 24 pcs back then. I got this for my coat closet, dhs pants. Ironed talis katans and my tops. Long wooden skirt hangers in adult and children's size off of Amazon and "suit" hangers on Amazon too. All natural wood color they match exactly.
I have white dripdry hangers for dhs shirts from the dollar store and those special hangers for my tees to not stretch the neck from Walmart those teeshirt hangers were my best purchase.
For my girls dresses I did get felt hangers from home goods. Then they needed the next size I ended up ordering from Amazon. I think 13" Pink hangers with gold/bronze hooks. The size/shape is perfect (size 7 & 10-12 dresses) they do not leave any residue when I hang wet dresses. They don't break so easily, unless you abuse them, they should last a while.

My baby is done nursing. LOL
Maybe in the morning I'll post links. GN

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 9:28 am
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
Confession. I hate those pretty velvet hangers. The velvet rubs out and the hangers snap. Can't hang wet clothes properly on those velvet hangers for fear of residue. Their shape is also not the most natural for tops. The skirt hangers don't hold heavy pleated skirts and heavy denim skirts (the grip isn't strong enough). I use classic old fashioned clear hard hangers and no, they are not as pretty, and yes they do take up more space. But they are holding up well for over a decade.

Thanks. This confirms all my hesitation with these very stylish and popular velvet hangers.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 9:29 am
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
I got target wooden hangers abt 7 years ago. It was $10 for 24 pcs back then. I got this for my coat closet, dhs pants. Ironed talis katans and my tops. Long wooden skirt hangers in adult and children's size off of Amazon and "suit" hangers on Amazon too. All natural wood color they match exactly.
I have white dripdry hangers for dhs shirts from the dollar store and those special hangers for my tees to not stretch the neck from Walmart those teeshirt hangers were my best purchase.
For my girls dresses I did get felt hangers from home goods. Then they needed the next size I ended up ordering from Amazon. I think 13" Pink hangers with gold/bronze hooks. The size/shape is perfect (size 7 & 10-12 dresses) they do not leave any residue when I hang wet dresses. They don't break so easily, unless you abuse them, they should last a while.

My baby is done nursing. LOL
Maybe in the morning I'll post links. GN

Thanks I will look in to these.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 9:37 am
I have velvet from Amazon for a few years already. They keep the shape nicely and I never had black stuff on my clothes.

birdie1

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 9:41 am
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L.....ss_tl

These are great. Space saving and non velvet. They also come in skirt hangers.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 9:49 am
I have the small velvet hangers. Mine are from Amazon but I also got the original from Joy Mangano.

The are wonderful as I replaced ALL the hangers in ALL of my closets and they free up so much space. Everything stays put. I only kept a few of the very large wood style ones for the coat closet but I am in California so I don't have much bulky overcoats but needs might vary.

They do make the style with clips as well for skirts so you can vary.

My hangers all match but you could also organize with different colors to differentiate different clothing or if closets are shared.

Mine are extremely durable as they have been in use for four years and still as good as new.

I donated hangers to a thrift shop

amother
Arcticblue

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 10:41 am
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ss_tl

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ss_tl

I love these.

They are expensive looking when they all match and nicely hung in closet. Love the feel and texture. Also love the weight.

And it’s classy enough that it’s gonna stay around for a long time so if I need to add more they’re always around.

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 12:31 pm
The velvet.

BUT you must get a researched good brand. There are knockoffs that are TERRIBLE.

For skirts I am still not satisfied with any I came across.

DallasIma

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 12:35 pm
These are the best! Very space-saving, and you can color-coordinate with the various colors.

https://www.amazon.com/HANGERW.....;th=1

mha3484

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 12:39 pm
I have these https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

and https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

I mostly use the first one and my husband and sons like the second and third.

Simple1

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 12:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So no need to respond here.

I’ve have mismatched hangers all my life and it didn’t bother me a bit.
But a home makeover is pushing me to buy all matching hangers.
I don’t need fancy, just decent and all the same.

I never had a problem with the simple plastic hangers you get in Walmart. If you buy all the same color, it won't look mismatched. Sometimes they break if the kids yank their stuff out of the closet, but they are cheap enough to replace easily.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics