Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bidding on ebay

happy chick

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 10:19 am
im not a very big fan of ebay, hence my naivette. whats the best way to bid on an item so that I have the best chance of being the last bidder at the best price?

liveandlove.ima

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 10:25 am
Wait for the time laps, bid just when's it's ending likely other bidders will be away then

liveandlove.ima

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 10:28 am
Do be careful though make sure you know all the charges I once bid on an item didn't realize it ships from abroad shipping was over 100. I ended up not buying it eBay took away my privilege of bidding for a few months I believe.

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 10:28 am
Be prepared for a bidding war in the last 60 seconds. Especially if its an item people are interested in. (You can tell by if already has bids and watchers and how many)

happy chick

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 10:37 am
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
Be prepared for a bidding war in the last 60 seconds. Especially if its an item people are interested in. (You can tell by if already has bids and watchers and how many)

its definitely a hot item that is not easy to find second hand. there are 5 watchers. how do I make sure that I get the last bid? how do you do automatic bids? is it best to put in a highest bid price (for automatic bidding) just before the bidding will end?

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 10:42 am
There are websites with bots that bid for you. You put in the top amount you ate willing to spend.

happy chick

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 10:43 am
Iymnok wrote:
There are websites with bots that bid for you. You put in the top amount you ate willing to spend.

so putting in a highest bid amount is not an option on ebay itself? I must use a 3rd party site?

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 11:33 am
happy chick wrote:
so putting in a highest bid amount is not an option on ebay itself? I must use a 3rd party site?

You don't need a 3rd party site - you can definitely put in higher bid amount (when you bid it gives you automatic highest bid amount option).

Also like 10 seconds before auction is over bid your amount so noone else should have a chance to grab it. However if someone else has a higher bid already preset it will not work...

happy chick

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 12:49 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
You don't need a 3rd party site - you can definitely put in higher bid amount (when you bid it gives you automatic highest bid amount option).

Also like 10 seconds before auction is over bid your amount so noone else should have a chance to grab it. However if someone else has a higher bid already preset it will not work...

So is my best bet to post my highest bid close to end time so there's no time for the other guys highest bid to outbid me?

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 3:36 pm
happy chick wrote:
So is my best bet to post my highest bid close to end time so there's no time for the other guys highest bid to outbid me?

Yes I prepare the highest bid amount beforehand and press "bid" when there is around 10 seconds left to the auction.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics