Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Anyone flew JFK to Israel on American Airlines?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 4:30 pm
How was your experience? First time going on American

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:15 am
Bump

amother
Viola

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 11:24 am
Not sure whatvyoure looking to hear.

I went in January, it was fine. Everyone was nice. Make sure to order a kosher meal several days innadvance if you want one..

not sure if the experience will be the same at all given all the airline troubles recently. But thats all airlines.. However...... It was the first week EY had opened up after covid lockdown and the flights were jammed packed.

amother
Apple

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 12:25 pm
I too flew last January on American..going the flight was fine half empty, was able to get my own row. Going back it snowed in America and my flight was cancelled, I rebooked for the next day could not get a kosher meal. Flight was jammed. GOt a seat btwn 2 chassidim who asked me to switch which I was VERY happy to do but the flight attendant got mad at us. Otherwise it was fine!

Food

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 12:35 pm
I did, two months ago. Heard terrible reviews and had an obnoxious customer service experience but the actual flight itself was not bad. The baggage check guy was really nice and let a bunch of things through that were a few pounds overweight, and was very patient as we opened up our suitcases with blankets spilling out across the airport floor to rearrange everything... On the plane, I had chosen two seats in the back row because I figured it would be a lot easier to get up and go to the bathroom, change my baby's diaper, etc without a third person in the row and this was the only row with two seats available next to eachother... When aI got to the back, a flight attendant stopped me and told me that he had changed our seats to the front row so we could have a bassinett, although we hadn't reserved that in advance! (And my baby waws not the only one on the flight, either) Honestly the worst thing about the flight was the food lol. BH it was a great experience for my first time flying with a baby Smile

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 12:54 pm
Thanks everyone!
Totally forgot about reserving kosher meals.
Are American Airlines planes very old? Does each seat have its own screen?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics