Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Best airline to travel to Israel
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 6:05 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Side question - is Delta to Israel really bad? The closest big airport to me (way OOT) only has Delta, I'd always figured it made most sense to keep all legs on same airline to prevent issues.
I was very happy with delta.
Regarding service, I hate to say it, but Elal is the worst when it comes to service and in flight service as well. I travel a lot, usually with Elal because they have the most convenient times which work for me. But Delta has better service.
From the posts it can seem that Elal is the only airline with security at all.
It's true that no one beats Elal's security. But all airlines have very good security in place. it's not an illusion as a poster mentioned.

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 7:01 pm
ElAl is pulling out of Canada (via Toronto airport) at the end of October. Mad

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 1:29 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Side question - is Delta to Israel really bad? The closest big airport to me (way OOT) only has Delta, I'd always figured it made most sense to keep all legs on same airline to prevent issues.

I also flew Delta (several years ago) from Israel to U.S. and was very happy.

pause

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 1:33 am
Dansdeals recently had an article comparing all the airlines flying to Israel directly.

Reality

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 1:39 am
amother [ Petunia ] wrote:
I was very happy with delta.
Regarding service, I hate to say it, but Elal is the worst when it comes to service and in flight service as well. I travel a lot, usually with Elal because they have the most convenient times which work for me. But Delta has better service.
From the posts it can seem that Elal is the only airline with security at all.
It's true that no one beats Elal's security. But all airlines have very good security in place. it's not an illusion as a poster mentioned.

If it makes you happy to believe that it's fine with me. But the US refuses to profile so therefore they waste a lot of energy and resources on the allusion of security.

Small example, our last flight was our aliyah flight out of JFK. Tight security in JFK right? Well my DH was so overwhelmed with stuff that he forgot to take his belt off before walking through the metal detector. Nothing happened. Is that tight security or the allusion of security because we waited hours on line and everything was so orderly and all encompassing?

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:01 am
I flew to Israel a little while ago on El Al. An hour into the flight I started feeling dizzy and though I would black out. I have low blood pressure and get claustrophobic... I let the stewardesses know as I was a single girl back then, traveling alone and they just offered me a cup of orange juice. I passed out and fell onto the person next to me a little while later. That got them to take me seriously! Mad

After coming to, I asked to be moved to a roomier seat as the area was small and crowded but they wouldn't. I'm horrified until today. That flight was a nightmare. Similar experience on the way home. Sad

DrMom

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:26 am
amother [ Currant ] wrote:
I flew to Israel a little while ago on El Al. An hour into the flight I started feeling dizzy and though I would black out. I have low blood pressure and get claustrophobic... I let the stewardesses know as I was a single girl back then, traveling alone and they just offered me a cup of orange juice. I passed out and fell onto the person next to me a little while later. That got them to take me seriously! Mad

After coming to, I asked to be moved to a roomier seat as the area was small and crowded but they wouldn't. I'm horrified until today. That flight was a nightmare. Similar experience on the way home. Sad

As in: you wanted to move from economy to first/business class? Most airlines won't let you do that. If you are claustrophobic and need more room, you should book a business class seat.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:29 am
DrMom wrote:
As in: you wanted to move from economy to first/business class? Most airlines won't let you do that. If you are claustrophobic and need more room, you should book a business class seat.

Most airlines would move an ill passenger without a blink. There are economy sections that are less cramped.

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:43 am
DrMom wrote:

I don't really understand this either. It sounds like you know you have this issue... So you just kinda decided to take a chance and depend on the kindness of others? Not smart.

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Most airlines would move an ill passenger without a blink. There are economy sections that are less cramped.

It's like an obese person booking one seat and then asking to be moved because they're not comfortable

amother
Petunia

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:50 am
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
It's like an obese person booking one seat and then asking to be moved because they're not comfortable
Not the same at all.
Any other airline would accommodate a person having a health issue. Maybe not becasue they're so nice but just to avoid an emergency. But clearly, airlines do accommodate.

I'm not at all surprised to read this about Elal.

amother
Petunia

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Agreed!
Talking from years of experience.

amother
Petunia

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:51 am

I find that the oxygen level on Elal is lower than on other airlines. you may want to consider this next time you travel.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:54 am

No, it's not.
No one plans in advance to pass out on a flight.

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No, it's not.
No one plans in advance to pass out on a flight.

It sounds like that poster knows she has this problem.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:58 am
It sounds like that poster knows she has this problem.

Low blood pressure doesn't equal passing out. She has low blood pressure, why should she think that she'd pass out on the plane?

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Low blood pressure doesn't equal passing out. She has low blood pressure, why should she think that she'd pass out on the plane?

Low blood pressure and claustrophobic. I don't know of many places that are more claustrophobic than an airplane.

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 11:24 am

Just replying to wrong assumptions... I don't have any medical issues and have flown to Israel before this and after without such problems (United and Virgin Atlantic with stopover at LHR). This was also a packed flight which might have worsened the situation.
Either way, I was unimpressed at their lack of empathy. I didn't expect to be moved to a seat with extra room (even an aisle seat would have helped) before passing out as it's normal to feel slightly uncomfortable while flying, but I think it would've been the humane thing to do. Until I came to, they kicked everyone out of their seats in my aisle and layed me across 3 seats. After I woke up, they told everyone to sit back down as if nothing happened.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 4:00 pm
Just replying to wrong assumptions... I don't have any medical issues and have flown to Israel before this and after without such problems (United and Virgin Atlantic with stopover at LHR). This was also a packed flight which might have worsened the situation.
Either way, I was unimpressed at their lack of empathy. I didn't expect to be moved to a seat with extra room (even an aisle seat would have helped) before passing out as it's normal to feel slightly uncomfortable while flying, but I think it would've been the humane thing to do. Until I came to, they kicked everyone out of their seats in my aisle and layed me across 3 seats. After I woke up, they told everyone to sit back down as if nothing happened.

If the flight was as crowded as you described, to where could they have moved you? Were those other passengers supposed to stand the entire time so you could continue to lie down?

I understand that this was an uncomfortable situation, but I'm not sure what you were expecting them to do.

Were you okay afterward, or were you faint for the duration of the flight?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics