Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Spending A Day In Deal NJ

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 12:50 pm
Looking to spend a day in Deal, NJ.

What are the best activities to do there? (No kids involved)

TIA

amother
Snowdrop

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 1:03 pm
I know pple go to Pier village. It's an area on boardwalk with kosher food. Not sure what else is there...Google it.

Eisheschayil123

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 11:52 pm
If you like bike riding the boardwalk in asbury/ ocean grove/ Bradley beach is a great one for bike riding. Just not sure the names of rentals
Places, but long branch might have. Kosher ice cream place Coney waffle is on the boardwalk in Asbury. Plenty of restaurants in Deal.
Jenkinsons boardwalk also not too far in point pleasant.
The only thing about the beach or activities nearby is that if you’re there in the summer the lack of tznius. It’s better on a weekday or when the weather is cloudy not as many people. It’s a beautiful place!

amother
Chestnut

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 7:38 am
Just went and we had a nice day. Parking is very difficult in Deal, so be prepared to walk if you are planning to go to the beach. The beach access is in a residential neighborhood with very large homes all around. The beach is hidden behind the waterfront homes. We once ate at the Dougies in neighboring Oakhurst, and found it only okay. Deal has Ouri's market and Nahum's bakery where we bought some good snacks.
We found the traffic lighter in nearby Belmar, which has a more open boardwalk and beach area. It's small and charming. Both the Belmar and Asbury Park Coney Waffles are kosher. Long Branch has Pier Village which is new and seems a bit artificial but has a more exciting feel than the older communities. As for food, Long Branch has another ice cream place (Baked Bear Ice Cream Sandwiches) and Salt Steakhouse, which was great but extremely expensive. If you're going, make reservations. It was packed. I also noticed a carousel and an arcade, but that might not be interesting for adults. There is more activity on the Asbury Park boardwalk but you should decide if it's your scene. There may also have been an escape room that we passed near Asbury Park. In all these places the main activity is the beach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics