Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Specialized Children in Toms River for PT/OT

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:09 pm
Does anyone have experience there?

I’d like to hear overall experience but also if anyone used them for torticollis and or feeding issues in babies.

TIA!

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:41 pm
My daughter went there when she was 7. They were very good and they were able to schedule ot and pt back to back which was helpful for me.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:52 pm
I would not reccomend.
I use kessler in jackson and they're doing a good job bh.
And I literally live across the road from childrens specialized hosp. and now drive 25 min. Each way to kessler. But I wanted a good therapist.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 11:03 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I would not reccomend.
I use kessler in jackson and they're doing a good job bh.
And I literally live across the road from childrens specialized hosp. and now drive 25 min. Each way to kessler. But I wanted a good therapist.

For what?

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 12:32 am
I was told that you dont know who you’ll get there so it’s hit or miss if you’ll end up with a good therapist or not.
It can also take a while to start getting seem there.
For my sons torticollis I want to treat it as soon as I can so I am paying out of pocket fir a private pt and I’m very happy.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 1:03 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I was told that you dont know who you’ll get there so it’s hit or miss if you’ll end up with a good therapist or not.
For my sons torticollis I want to treat it as soon as I can so I am paying out of pocket fir a private pt and I’m very happy.

Who are you using? And how did you decide who to use?

amother
Honey

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 1:36 am
If your child has torticollis and feeding issues, please have them checked out for oral ties by a competent professional who specializes in ties. 5 sessions of cst and lasering oral ties corrected my son's significant torticollis. Therapists told me it's so so common and often missed.

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 7:10 am
I used them for torticollis and they were great! I waited a bit for a therapist after work hours but I think it's easier if you are flexible with the timing. I ended up getting a slot in the location a bit farther away (still in Tom's River, just not Steven's rd. Lakehurst I believe it was called) because that is what they had sooner. They did a great job in my opinion. My daughter also had low muscle tone which they helped work on along with her early intervention therapists.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 8:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Who are you using? And how did you decide who to use?

I’m using Naftali Shnell. My pediatrician recommended him.
Bh I’m very happy with him.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 8:28 am
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
If your child has torticollis and feeding issues, please have them checked out for oral ties by a competent professional who specializes in ties. 5 sessions of cst and lasering oral ties corrected my son's significant torticollis. Therapists told me it's so so common and often missed.
I second this

boy oh boy

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 8:31 am
OP: What kind of feeding issues are you talking about?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 8:53 am
boy oh boy wrote:
OP: What kind of feeding issues are you talking about?

Cries a lot during feedings. Doesn’t stay Latched for long- keeps going on and off. Doesn’t like nursing in cradle hold on one side- it’s closely uncomfortable for her, latch is shallow and lopsided. If I try to fix it she just screams. She sucks her pacifier tighter on one side.

I’m in touch with a lc who saw us and said she sees a tie but isn’t suggesting to cut it.

And she’s gaining weight... and of course because of this the dr said just do these exercises with her.... 🙄

ETA she’s 8 weeks old

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 9:56 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
You definitely know who you will get you just talk to scheduling about it. But yes the wait list is very long. And if you decide to switch therapists you will need to wait again.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 9:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Cries a lot during feedings. Doesn’t stay Latched for long- keeps going on and off. Doesn’t like nursing in cradle hold on one side- it’s closely uncomfortable for her, latch is shallow and lopsided. If I try to fix it she just screams. She sucks her pacifier tighter on one side.

I’m in touch with a lc who saw us and said she sees a tie but isn’t suggesting to cut it.

And she’s gaining weight... and of course because of this the dr said just do these exercises with her.... 🙄

ETA she’s 8 weeks old
I was told they bump babies to the top of the wait list so it’s probably worth calling them. But I have no idea if they’re the right people for your specific issue.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 9:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

ETA she’s 8 weeks old
I would seriously look into correcting the ties. Seems it’s impacting her significantly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries