Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos derech yisroel
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 2:45 pm
Can anyone fill me in with first hand info on which crowd sends here?

Not_in_my_town

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 2:54 pm
deleted

Last edited by Not_in_my_town on Sat, Jul 16 2022, 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 2:56 pm
Are there any monsey neutral schools besides these 2?

Not_in_my_town

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 2:58 pm
It depends on the age. I know that Bais Bracha is opening up here, but only for little kids. I would love to send there, but my kids are older.

Bais Rochel is supposed to be amazing but nearly impossible to get into. They are splitting the high school in two, and no one knows how the two divisions will turn out.

I did hear of one other school, but I'd have to do some more research as I don't recall the name off the top of my head.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 3:10 pm
I know several families who send their children to this school and to the above mentioned cheider.
They are from perfectly good chasidishe homes.

The reason people put in here is because it is extremely difficult to get into the mosdos that are geared to specific moisdos.
You can rarely get into the chadurim. Also, many consider themselves neutral chasidish, instead of Skvere, vishnitz, satmar, Belz, Pupa, Bobov...

We are a typical fine chasidishe family with solid hashkafa and wonderful children bh.
I moved to Monsey, tried reaching out to all chadurim. The response was: we are full, no room.
Without a choice, you turn to those schools who accept.
Are there parents who dress more cool and watch videos? Yes. Just like in any other moised! (Even if you aren't aware of it. The ones who watch videos, and are in the other mosdos- lie. They don't publicize it.)
I know several families qho send their daughter to this school. The ones I know, are from solid good chasidishe homes.

Not_in_my_town

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 3:24 pm
deleted

Last edited by Not_in_my_town on Sat, Jul 16 2022, 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Not_in_my_town

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 3:27 pm
I will add a note that yes, Monsey schools are insanely hard to get in to, and with the recent flux of newcomers, it could be that the balance has tipped in recent years and it is a different crowd than originally.

Just, keep doing research. See if it's the right fit.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 3:30 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Excuse me!!! You are totally spreading wrong and false information.
THIS WOMAN MUST HAVE SOMETHING AGAINST THIS SCHOOL. This is considered Motzi Shem Ra!

I know several families who send their children to this school and to the above mentioned cheider.

The reason people put in here is because it is extremely difficult to get into the mosdos that are geared to specific moisdos.
You can rarely get into the chadurim. Also, many consider themselves neutral chasidish, instead of Skvere, vishnitz, satmar, Belz, Pupa, Bobov...

We are a typical fine chasidishe family with solid hashkafa and wonderful children bh.
I moved to Monsey, tried reaching out to all chadurim. The response was: we are full, no room.
Are there parents who dress more cool and watch videos? Yes. Just like in any other moised! (Even if you aren't aware of it. The ones who watch videos, and are in the other mosdos- lie. They don't publicize it.)
Do not spread information without knowing it for a fact.
So, Bnos Derech yisroel is a solid good school, with girls from solid chasidishe good homes, as is Munkatch.

It’s very not solid sorry the parent body has a lot to be desired there. Girls from that school do not look like heimish girls even. It’s extremely cool crowd.

amother
Heather

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 3:33 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
As I said, I can only share information in regard to the people who I know who send there. They are extremely gashmiusdig, for the good and the bad. They give tremendously to tzedaka but also have every newest gadget on the market, fly to exotic places several times a year and buy a brand-name full wardrobe for their children each year.

One family had their daughter's entire class over one weekend and every girl was dressed to the nines and spend the afternoon making fun of a neighbor who wasn't. We can just chalk it up to kids acting like kids in gang mentality at that time, or not. Bottom line is that the school does have a name as catering to a very gashmiusdig crowd. If that is OP's mehalech, then great. If not, do more research. I was very clear to say that this is my perception. And there may be many other families that are not that way. I can only speak for what I've seen.

this kind of info should be given through private messaging.

this is lashon haro for all intents and purposes.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 3:43 pm
Excuse me!!! You are totally spreading wrong and false information.
THIS WOMAN MUST HAVE SOMETHING AGAINST THIS SCHOOL. This is considered Motzi Shem Ra!

Do not spread information without knowing it for a fact.
So, Bnos Derech yisroel is a solid good school, with girls from solid chasidishe good homes, as is Munkatch.

Nothing that poster mentioned is false information.
It's not a mainstream chassidish school. They're lax in basically what other chassidish schools are strict with. Be it tzenuis, hashkafa, rules, even their learning level is not on par with other schools.......
I know girls from there that have a smartphone. Elementary and high school girls. That's unacceptable even in non chasidish schools.
But it does NOT mean that it's not a good school! It's a good school for the crowd they cater to.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 3:45 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
this kind of info should be given through private messaging.

this is lashon haro for all intents and purposes.

Why is it lashon hora to give honest information on a school? It's a good school for the people that need such a type of school.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 3:56 pm
They cater to neutral chasidish families, openminded chasidish parents.
Many parents wear longer sheitels and drive. They instill Chasidishe hashkafos.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 3:59 pm
They cater to neutral chasidish families, openminded chasidish parents.
Many parents wear longer sheitels and drive. They instill Chasidishe hashkafos.

The girls wear socks, parents dress not tzniusdig I would say 50%. Parents some the dresses literally are 4” above the knees. Parents lots don’t wear stockings . It’s really not a neutral school.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 4:03 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
The girls wear socks, parents dress not tzniusdig I would say 50%. Parents some the dresses literally are 4” above the knees. Parents lots don’t wear stockings . It’s really not a neutral school.

Older girls wear leggings with oversized sweatshirts when there's no school.....
But there are neutral chassidish girls there as well. Only a small percentage of mom's don't wear nail polish.

amother
Vanilla

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 4:03 pm
To what cheder can the parent body be compared to?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 4:04 pm
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:

Be’er yeshaya .

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 4:05 pm
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:

I'd say between Imrei Shefer and Be'er Yeshaya. Be'er Yeshaya is very modern.
There are people that send there because they have no other choice but are really unhappy and are still trying to get their girls into more solid stable schools.

dragonfruit

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 4:15 pm
Hi I am a proud parent from this school!
Before I sent here I also thought like not_in_my_town but then I didn't get accepted in any other school and I am sooooo thankful for that now! Because it is an amazing school where every kid is accepted for whatever they are wear or look like. No peer pressure whatsoever (at least in my daughter's classes they're younger lower elementary and preschool). It is such a warm place great atmoshpere and amazing rav running it.
We are regular chasidish family just don't belong to any specific chasidus. I wear shoulder lenght shaitel, my husband wears white shirts long peiyes he does not trim his beard. I don't allow my kids to watch anything besides for special occasions like choel homoed. I can't say everyone is like us but majority from younger grades are! In every place even in my extreme chasidish school they're was plenty girls my parents didnt want me to befriend.
It's a great neutral school with great staff
But unfortunately ppl who don't send there and don't know the truth spread not nice rumors!
You can pm with any questions

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 4:16 pm
dragonfruit wrote:
Hi I am a proud parent from this school!
Before I sent here I also thought like not_in_my_town but then I didn't get accepted in any other school and I am sooooo thankful for that now! Because it is an amazing school where every kid is accepted for whatever they are wear or look like. No peer pressure whatsoever (at least in my daughter's classes they're younger lower elementary and preschool). It is such a warm place great atmoshpere and amazing rav running it.
We are regular chasidish family just don't belong to any specific chasidus. I wear shoulder lenght shaitel, my husband wears white shirts long peiyes he does not trim his beard. I don't allow my kids to watch anything besides for special occasions like choel homoed. I can't say everyone is like us but majority from younger grades are! In every place even in my extreme chasidish school they're was plenty girls my parents didnt want me to befriend.
It's a great neutral school with great staff
But unfortunately ppl who don't send there and don't know the truth spread not nice rumors!
You can pm with any questions

None of what I'm posting is rumors.
You're not doing any favors to potential new parents by hiding the truth and sugar coating what the school really is. It's unfair.
In no other chassidish school do girls wear leggings and sweats when there's no school. In no other chassidish school do girls have a smartphone. In no other chassidish school do older girls wear socks. In no other chassidish school do mom's not wear stockings. In no other chassidish schools do kids watch non jewish shows and movies at such a level going on there, or listen to and sing secular music.
It's unfair to hide the truth from potential parents.

amother
Darkblue

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 4:19 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Be’er yeshaya .

Not true I send my girls there and I would never send my boys to beer yeshaya.
My daughter's don't have any classmates that have brothers in beer yeshaya.
Siblings go to munkatch, vein, Talmud torah dmonsey, emrei shefer and even know who have brothers in sanz
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics