Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Fruit punch

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 1:08 pm
I see so many recipes call for whip.

does it need the whip or can I use milk instead?

what is the purpose of whip I a recipe when it doesnt need to be whipped?

interested to know cos dont like to use it and want to know what the purpose of it in such recipes besides for sweetness and if it can be swapped out?

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 1:18 pm
Sounds interesting! Can you post the recipe please? I'll test it out for you with non dairy milk.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 1:50 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Sounds interesting! Can you post the recipe please? I'll test it out for you with non dairy milk.

so sweet of you.

I can try it out myself. didnt yet pick one specific recipe. there are a few but I want to know what is the purpose of whip thats unwhipped in all these recipes?

scruffy

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 1:53 pm
I think it adds fat content and thickens a drop. I would guess that coconut milk would be a good sub.

amother
Mulberry

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 2:09 pm
I've never heard of putting milk or whip in fruit punch. Isn't fruit punched just a mixed juice drink?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 3:36 pm
Not sure about recipes that call for whip that don't whip up. But I had some dairy recipes that for some reason call for whip cream. Then I use heavy cream instead and whip it up same way.

So would try that in your recipe too if you don't mind dairy

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 16 2022, 9:03 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Not sure about recipes that call for whip that don't whip up. But I had some dairy recipes that for some reason call for whip cream. Then I use heavy cream instead and whip it up same way.

So would try that in your recipe too if you don't mind dairy

I do that when it needs whipping up, then I dont see a diff but putting in heavy cream instead of parve whip when it doesnt need whipping I find it too thick ad heavy, the consistency isnt the same.

amother
Daffodil

Post Sat, Jul 16 2022, 9:55 pm
There’s no way anything called fruit punch can be classified as healthy

Eat fruits, drink water
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking