Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What is your combined income? South Florida

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 2:14 am
Trying to figure a few things out for ourselves.

Can you please share (anon) some or all info to help me get a better idea of some things?

*Which county/area do you live in?
*What are you and your spouse incomes?
*What jobs do you hold?
*How much is your rent/mortgage payment? (Specify which one it is)
*Roughly what is your yearly total of expenses?
*How many children + rough tuition amount of it's significant sum.

Thank you.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 10:09 am
Bump

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 10:39 pm
Bump

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 11:00 pm
I can tell you combined income in Tri state area of that helps ;-)

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 11:31 pm
Hey, I live in South FL.
If I answer all those questions anyone who knows me will know its me, and even though I'm anon here I don't really want to give away my financial info if someone can figure out its me..
So I'll provide some approx info:

My husband is in klei kodesh still (such as rebbi, kollel, rosh kollel, school admin, etc).
I am in the tech field.
Our combined income is currently around $150k, but I'm switching jobs soon and expect it to go up to at least $250k combined + much better benefits.

We only have little kids, and we pay both school tuition and private babysitting. We own our house and the mortgage is around $3k a month, but there's also a lot of insurance to pay when you own.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 3:26 am
amother [ Marigold ] wrote:
Hey, I live in South FL.
If I answer all those questions anyone who knows me will know its me, and even though I'm anon here I don't really want to give away my financial info if someone can figure out its me..
So I'll provide some approx info:

My husband is in klei kodesh still (such as rebbi, kollel, rosh kollel, school admin, etc).
I am in the tech field.
Our combined income is currently around $150k, but I'm switching jobs soon and expect it to go up to at least $250k combined + much better benefits.

We only have little kids, and we pay both school tuition and private babysitting. We own our house and the mortgage is around $3k a month, but there's also a lot of insurance to pay when you own.

Thank you!
How many kids?
What are yearly expenses like?
3k mortgage - not including the tax and insurance? Hefty for FL house, no?
What is considered average pay for someone in the field of what your husband does? Mine fits under that category too.

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 11:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you!
How many kids?
What are yearly expenses like?
3k mortgage - not including the tax and insurance? Hefty for FL house, no?
What is considered average pay for someone in the field of what your husband does? Mine fits under that category too.

I don't know a lot of these answers, I'm sorry! My husband takes care of the finances and I don't know average pay for klei kodesh.
I'll answer what I can:
We have 2 kids. A lot of the expenses are pretty high; kosher food is expensive here. At the same time, you can buy most stuff at the non Jewish stores, which is typically much cheaper than Jewish stores. (For example, don't get baking needs at the Jewish store... I really only buy chicken or meat there occasionally, and you can get it cheaper from costco)
The 3k might include insurance, but I have to ask my husband. Housing prices are INSANE right now, so yes - it's high. We bought our house at quite a bit over the appraisal price, which means you're paying the difference out of pocket, and now it's worth a good 200k more, after only about a year. I know FL is sometimes considered a low cost of living place, but I don't feel that way... However, you save a TON in taxes, compared to NY.
In terms of salary, I make the majority of the approx amount I put in my previous post. But my husband is still learning, so it may be that if he were a school admin, for example, he would make more. Also, the schools here are booming and need more rebbeim and teachers, so if your husband does that he would for sure be able to find a job (I'm pretty sure!)
I think many women do find that FL pays a lot less for their field than they were making in NY. But it depends - in my field I'm remote, so location matters less.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 12:40 pm
I also live in the South Florida area.
I don't want to give too much info in case someone can figure out who I am, but can give the basics.

Live in South FL.
Husband makes about $90,000 in finance, myself about $45,000 in the medical field.
Rent- roughly $2,500
No idea of our yearly total of expenses.
Tuition for our children in dayschool is about $10,000- 12,000 a child and $8,000 for daycare

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 2:45 pm
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
I also live in the South Florida area.
I don't want to give too much info in case someone can figure out who I am, but can give the basics.

Live in South FL.
Husband makes about $90,000 in finance, myself about $45,000 in the medical field.
Rent- roughly $2,500
No idea of our yearly total of expenses.
Tuition for our children in dayschool is about $10,000- 12,000 a child and $8,000 for daycare

This is super helpful. Thank you .
It's 140-150k after taxes considered average, higher or low for what you see in general with families? (And how many kids roughly)

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 3:18 pm
We were seriously looking into moving to North Miami Beach and we were told to expect to pay around 800k for a 1500sq ft home that needs major renovations. Nicer homes are 1 million and up
Needless to say we are not moving Smile

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 5:13 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
We were seriously looking into moving to North Miami Beach and we were told to expect to pay around 800k for a 1500sq ft home that needs major renovations. Nicer homes are 1 million and up
Needless to say we are not moving Smile

Btw it's not like that in every area! If you want the hottest block, then ya it's a craze that will die down with the interest rates now. Other areas that are frum and same zip code you can get 2700-3300 SQ ft place around 650-700k+. Look at 33169 and see for yourself.

I love in Florida, just trying to figure out how to make some things work because we definitely struggle and don't live lavishly. Walmart and Aldi are our go to's. We don't buy dairy besides cheese at Costco once in a while and chicken is for shabbos and maybe once a week.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 10:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Btw it's not like that in every area! If you want the hottest block, then ya it's a craze that will die down with the interest rates now. Other areas that are frum and same zip code you can get 2700-3300 SQ ft place around 650-700k+. Look at 33169 and see for yourself.

I love in Florida, just trying to figure out how to make some things work because we definitely struggle and don't live lavishly. Walmart and Aldi are our go to's. We don't buy dairy besides cheese at Costco once in a while and chicken is for shabbos and maybe once a week.

What frum community is there is 33169? Besides that the area is very unsafe, definitely worse than nmb. I'm guessing possibly chabad but it would be a very very not ideal choice just based on crime.

Someone who doesn't want to pay a lot can get a house on the outskirts of nmb for 500k. Less convenient but still walkable to shul etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics