Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Natural sunscreen
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 2:23 pm
The sun causing skin cancer is a false equivalency. The sun is healthy and healing. If your diet is bad and you eat junk oils full of PUFAs, then you will burn and you may get skin cancer. I know I’ll get bashed for this, so I may or may not return to the conversation 😂

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 2:26 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
The sun causing skin cancer is a false equivalency. The sun is healthy and healing. If your diet is bad and you eat junk oils full of PUFAs, then you will burn and you may get skin cancer. I know I’ll get bashed for this, so I may or may not return to the conversation 😂
Truth.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 2:29 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:

some say its the chemical sunscreen that causes skin cancer.

in the olden days people never wore sunscreen and were out all day, never got cancer.
however the argument is that they were out all year so they built up melanin levels slowly.
also the rays werent so harmful back then.

its a very very controversial topic..

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 2:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
some say its the chemical sunscreen that causes skin cancer.

in the olden days people never wore sunscreen and were out all day, never got cancer.
however the argument is that they were out all year so they built up melanin levels slowly.
also the rays werent so harmful back then.

its a very very controversial topic..

Yup. Look at the list of oils in chemical sunscreen, they MAKE you burn. I always used to burn no matter how much sunscreen I applied. I don’t apply sunscreen anymore or very minimal mineral sunscreen if I’m literally going to be in the baking sun and lo and behold I might tan, but I never burn!!!

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 2:35 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:

This is simply not true.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 2:37 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Yup. Look at the list of oils in chemical sunscreen, they MAKE you burn. I always used to burn no matter how much sunscreen I applied. I don’t apply sunscreen anymore or very minimal mineral sunscreen if I’m literally going to be in the baking sun and lo and behold I might tan, but I never burn!!!

but its a problem with skin aging, no?

so many amothers apply sunscreen daily to protect skin from aging...

how do you get the balance?

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 2:40 pm
Mineral sunscreen works.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 4:55 pm
A natural-minded person will tell you to go under the morning or late afternoon sun without sunscreen. Do not go under the full noon sun without a hat, long sleeves, etc.

MummyT

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 3:44 am
Lmk if you would like the sunscreen - if you are in the UK I can post it out to you, or if you are anywhere else in the world the best and quickest is to order online..
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise