Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Packing sheitel for a long flight - Advice Needed

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 1:25 am
Hi, I have two shaitels to bring on a long flight. I have a nicer, longer one that is on a head with a long neck. Should I put it on a smaller head so it can fit in a shaitels box in the overhead, even thought the hair will drag on the bottom? Or is their a better way to pack it in the checked luggage? I would appreciate hearing your experiences and advice on traveling with shaitels. Thank you!

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 1:47 am
I would not pack it in the luggage.
Shaital/tefillin/jewelry……

Things that are valuable and irreplaceable (or difficult to replace) stay with me.

So many suitcases get lost. Not taking a chance with my shaital.

ETA-I pack mine in a ziplock. I shake it out and brush/style it a little and it is fine. Not Baal simcha /wedding fine but fine for a traveling Shabbos.

Colorpop

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 2:39 am
Definitely don’t check it in.
I use a small round wig box and it always comes out fine (I do find that it’s better if I take out the wig for a few hours before I wear it just to air it out / naturally let it open)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tbSlLSmf5ac
This is a great tutorial.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 4:51 am
Shaitels travel well in a shoe box. My shaitel macher taught me how

essie14

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 8:01 am
amother [ Glitter ] wrote:
I would not pack it in the luggage.
Shaital/tefillin/jewelry……

Things that are valuable and irreplaceable (or difficult to replace) stay with me.

So many suitcases get lost. Not taking a chance with my shaital.

ETA-I pack mine in a ziplock. I shake it out and brush/style it a little and it is fine. Not Baal simcha /wedding fine but fine for a traveling Shabbos.

That's what I do. When I traveled for a close wedding I made an appointment to have my wig done the morning of the wedding. Otherwise I can do a good job myself with a blow dryer and round brush.

rae

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 8:05 am
Pack it in a small shoebox. Turn it inside out and gently fold it. Wrap it on tissue paper. When you get there, put it on a head and let it air out.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 8:14 am
I just flew internationally with my shaitel. I put it in a shaitel box and took it on the plane as hand luggage. I put it in the overhead compartment lying down so that when it's closed, it stands up almost upright. BH it came out perfect and I was able to wear it to several simchas without having it redone.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 8:31 am
https://www.instagram.com/tv/C.....kMjY=

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 8:39 am
between carpools had something

wandeRVingJews

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 12:57 am
This is how I pack my sheitel. Takes up hardly any space. But would agree that I would usually take in carry-on (or at least use an AirTag).

How to Travel with a Sheitel
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels