Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Betty crocker pizza maker Burn hole!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 9:00 am
Really weird. I've been using this Betty Crocker for almost a year now. We love it.
Yesterday, I plugged it in as usual to toast a bagle. Suddenly I heard a hiss and saw steam coming out of the back. Then I smelled a very strong odor. I unplugged the machine. I saw that a small zip lock bag got stuck to the end so I figured that was it, though the smell was too strong for something like that.

Later on, I picked up the machine and saw it made a burn mark on my new quartz counter!
The underside of the Betty crocker had a burn hole. The inside (the teflon part) looks intact.
Anyone had this? I don't even know what to think.

zaq

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:11 am
The bag probably caused a short circuit, which in turn caused the heating element to overheat and burn through. I would replace the unit. It's an inexpensive item and to have it repaired would cost more than buying a new one, if it were even possible to repair it. It's unsafe to use as is.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics