Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Food Box - Kosher West
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 1:49 am
I don't remember whom I signed up with, but I got a Kosher West food box today.
Anyone else got it and can please tell me which school sent this box?
it's the most pathetic box ever. It's a chutzpah!
Here's what was inside:
8 milk bottles
2 huge boxes pizza bagels
2 jars hot pepper
1 cereal box that has the mini chocolate chip cookies
1 pack frankfurters
2 apple juice

I want to report it. they're getting thousands of dollars from the govt to send 8 bottles of milk! And more stuff which no one ever buys! It's geneiva! And baal tashchis. And downright rude.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 6:18 am
Its a chutzpah?? You want to report it??

Why is the government giving out food boxes???? Nothing is free in life. There is always a reason.

Govt has always had an obsession with milk. WIC always has left people with a serious amount of milk and a peanut butter stock for years to come. That is their idea of food.

ysydmom

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 6:41 am
they are trying to buy votes from farmers that's why we get all the milk it's instead of serving it in school.

The food choices are terrible we all know that franks and pizza bagels are so unhealthy I don't get the concept at all.

Why not put in fresh cheese and chicken? Would be way healthier and help farmers too!

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 7:36 am
8 bottles of milk is ridiculous but just don’t order from that place again. I got the tashbar box and it only had 1bottle of milk so obviously they aren’t required to give crazy amounts of milk.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:18 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Its a chutzpah?? You want to report it??

Why is the government giving out food boxes???? Nothing is free in life. There is always a reason.

Govt has always had an obsession with milk. WIC always has left people with a serious amount of milk and a peanut butter stock for years to come. That is their idea of food.
Do you work for Kosher West?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:20 am
amother [ Ultramarine ] wrote:
8 bottles of milk is ridiculous but just don’t order from that place again. I got the tashbar box and it only had 1bottle of milk so obviously they aren’t required to give crazy amounts of milk.
right, I won't order from them again.
I hope no one else will.

amother
White

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:22 am
I don't work for anyone. I got from a place that only gave one bottle. Yes that many bottles of milk is annoying but I wouldn't call this a chutzpah. The rest of the stuff they gave is similar to other places.

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:29 am
I agree it's a chutzpah. Causing ppl to throw out hot peppers and pour milk down the drain is not nice.
I always wonder if there is a wife of these deciders somewhere that said "Yes Shmuly, let's do a good box with alot of nutritious hot peppers!
And of course enough milk so they can make their own fresh cheese"!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:34 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
I don't work for anyone. I got from a place that only gave one bottle. Yes that many bottles of milk is annoying but I wouldn't call this a chutzpah. The rest of the stuff they gave is similar to other places.
that's ok, you don't have to call it chutzpah.
it's rude at best.
Last week I got fruits, cheese, yogurt, peanut butter, tuna . and 1 bottle milk.
Why the need to stick up for a pathetic box?

cbg

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:42 am
Why are we relying on the government for our food choices?
Way back when these boxes started I thought they were pathetic
The government COULD have given ebt cards and allow the ppl to choose what they wanted to give their kids to eat
Also it would generate the economy because the stores would get business
And don’t tell me they didn’t want to have ppl congregate on lines
Because the box pick up around the corner from my house ALWAYS had a long crowded line with no 6 ft distancing

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:43 am
cbg wrote:
Why are we relying on the government for our food choices?
Way back when these boxes started I thought they were pathetic
The government COULD have given ebt cards and allow the ppl to choose what they wanted to give their kids to eat
Also it would generate the economy because the stores would get business
And don’t tell me they didn’t want to have ppl congregate on lines
Because the box pick up around the corner from my house ALWAYS had a long crowded line with no 6 ft distancing
SO TRUE!!

cbg

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:45 am
What if we ALL banned the boxes?
But that wouldn’t happen
Because FREE is FREE
What you all don’t realize it comes at a HUGE price

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 11:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you work for Kosher West?
You seem confused. Kosher West is a grocery store and they aren’t the ones who decided to put 8 bottles of milk. You obviously ordered from a school that packed their boxes using Kosher West items. That isn’t Kosher West’s fault. You need to figure out how you got the box and not sign up with that school again.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 11:25 am
You seem confused. Kosher West is a grocery store and they aren’t the ones who decided to put 8 bottles of milk. You obviously ordered from a school that packed their boxes using Kosher West items. That isn’t Kosher West’s fault. You need to figure out how you got the box and not sign up with that school again.
I seem confused?
When a school used Bingo last year, the box was amazing. Very useful food items.
Several schools use OTL. All of these schools' boxes are identical.
The store that teams up with the school very much decides what goes into the box.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 11:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I seem confused?
When a school used Bingo last year, the box was amazing. Very useful food items.
Several schools use OTL. All of these schools' boxes are identical.
The store that teams up with the school very much decides what goes into the box.
OTL is not a grocery store.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 11:33 am
OTL is not a grocery store.
right

sbil

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 11:38 am
I also got a box from them for 2 kids that don't get lunch in camp and 4kids weekend. Was very disappointed 5 milk bottles! Bottle of apple juice, jar of hot peppers, 2 cans of cheep brand pineapple that tastes really bad. 1 can of hearts of palm. Kellogs cornflakes. 1 box of pizza bagels and hot dogs! How is this 22 meals!
Yes I would even say it's robbery. It's ment to feed kids not spill milk down the drain! Very very upset!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 12:59 pm
Can I ask what you were expecting?
What would be a reasonable box?

Government is cracking down on not ready to eat food, so no raw meat/chicken can be put in.

The boxes are supposed to combine the breakfast and lunch program, hence the milk.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 1:00 pm
Believe me, there no robbery. Who are they robbing from? You didn't pay. Government reimburses based on expenses on a per meal cap.

amother
RosePink

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 1:10 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Believe me, there no robbery. Who are they robbing from? You didn't pay. Government reimburses based on expenses on a per meal cap.

Our taxes paid. And when places don't give the full amount of food they are supposed to it is robbery. I agree some boxes are pathetic. They put in foods that probably cost them the cheapest and most people don't eat. They meet the "criteria", take their money, and don't care about the recipients.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries