Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Dentists NJ Family Care - Chemed vs Alpine vs Howell Dental

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:07 pm
Does anyone have any experience or recommendations with any of these dentists? We have NJ Family Care and looking to switch dentists. I have younger and older teens.

Thanks

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:19 pm
Alpine? What’s that?

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:25 pm
AFAIK Chemed is not accepting new dental patients.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:30 pm
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
Alpine? What’s that?

They're on Rt 70. I don't know anything else about them. Based on the names of the dentists they're probably Jewish, maybe frum.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:30 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
AFAIK Chemed is not accepting new dental patients.

Horizons website shows that they are accepting new patients but I guess they could be wrong.

amother
Wandflower

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:39 pm
Sorry mixed it up with a different practice.

amother
Currant

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:42 pm
No experience with the other 2. Was not happy with chemed. They have a few top dentists that come in very infrequently and you need to schedule several months in advance. If you have a dental emergency you see an inexperienced dentist. I found the dentist diagnosed a ton of cavities and when we went for a 2nd opinion was told most of the “cavities” were a non issue. Have not gone back since.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:53 pm
amother [ Currant ] wrote:
No experience with the other 2. Was not happy with chemed. They have a few top dentists that come in very infrequently and you need to schedule several months in advance. If you have a dental emergency you see an inexperienced dentist. I found the dentist diagnosed a ton of cavities and when we went for a 2nd opinion was told most of the “cavities” were a non issue. Have not gone back since.

I had heard this in the past but I was hoping they changed by now. Who does everyone on Jersey Care use? I really can't afford to pay out of pocket but my kids are so unhappy with my current dentist.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 5:55 am
Alpine takes NJ Family Care??
Quite positive they told me they don’t, when I called recently. Or maybe it was because we’re on an Aetna Jersey Care plan, specifically. Do you know which ones they take?
Thanks

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 8:26 am
As of May, Alpine did not take Jersey Care. They said they were still in middle of paperwork and it's a very long process. This is before they choose a HMO to accept (Aetna, UHC etc).
I heard about a month ago that Chemed isn't taking new patients. It could be that some websites are not updated.

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 8:45 am
Doesn’t make sense that Chemed is taking new patients. An existing patient can’t even get an appointment for a cleaning and X-rays for 6 months.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 9:43 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Alpine takes NJ Family Care??
Quite positive they told me they don’t, when I called recently. Or maybe it was because we’re on an Aetna Jersey Care plan, specifically. Do you know which ones they take?
Thanks

Who do you use? I have Aetna too and having a hard time finding dentist for my kids.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 11:25 am
We're on Aetna, use dr figdor, and are reasonably happy.

You do need to go on a wait list to get in, but we did eventually get in.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 1:27 pm
amother [ Winterberry ] wrote:
We're on Aetna, use dr figdor, and are reasonably happy.

You do need to go on a wait list to get in, but we did eventually get in.

Until what age does he see?

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 6:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Until what age does he see?

Up until 15. My 14 year old just had her last appointment there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries