Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking for an affordable, out of town community?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 10:06 am
This is not an ad. I have nothing to do with this city except that my grandparents lived there and I used to love going to visit them as a kid/teen. It was such a great place! The people there are all so warm and kind. They're trying to revitalize it.

https://jewishchronicle.timeso.....t15FQ

It's a city about 20 minutes outside of Pittsburgh, PA that has an old Jewish community with a few younger families trying to restart things there. The offer they're making is crazy! They'll essentially pay enough to cover your down payment and mortgage payment on the house if you move there. The houses there are nice, at least the ones I remember near my grandparents' home. My grandparents had a front yard and backyard with a garden, several bedrooms and a really nice-sized basement, and it seemed (again, this is just my memory) that many of the houses around there were a similar structure.

Just thought this would be helpful for people looking for a way to afford a house and to help rebuild a community Smile

Not_in_my_town

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 12:40 pm
Wow, that looks like a great opportunity for the right family. Which segment of the Orthodox population is the shul most closely affiliated with?

autumnspring

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 2:02 pm
Bumping this up. I’m curious about the question another asked above.

scruffy

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 2:04 pm
autumnspring wrote:
Bumping this up. I’m curious about the question another asked above.

I know someone yeshivish who is from there but no idea if that is the typical demographic.

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 3:49 pm
My brother did SEED here once upon a time
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating