Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Need a Non-Shaitel Haircovering Idea!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 9:02 pm
Ok, I have a ton of very important meetings the next few weeks and will not have a sheitel to wear.

I have plenty of scarves, tichels, and wraps but none I have are appropriate for the meetings which are very business like

Any other ideas? (Or even maybe there is a style of wrap that would be good?)

Any websites for tichels that might work? Wrapunzel didn't have any that would.

I don't want to get a cheap wig to wear.

Thank you!

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 9:14 pm
How about a hat?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 9:24 pm
I'd do a plain black mitpachat tied in a normal way with the 'bun' in back. Very basic and unassuming and professional.

healthymom1

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 9:24 pm
Scarfbar?

Tichels if pretty are appropriate for meetings. Muslim women wear scarves all the time. Christians as well. Pretty sure we are the only main religion that wears wigs.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:36 pm
It doesn’t sound like you’re against wearing Shaitels completely, so maybe you can borrow one from a friend, or get one from a Gemach if you’re near one?
(Maybe someone who sells precuts will rent you one??)
(I’m sorry if this wasn’t what you were looking for.)

dena613

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:50 pm
Yes, I was also going to say borrow from a friend if it's just got a few days

heidi

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:51 pm
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
I'd do a plain black mitpachat tied in a normal way with the 'bun' in back. Very basic and unassuming and professional.

That would definitely work in Israel and I think in Europe where there is a huge Muslim population and culture . In America I truly think a wig is the only way to go.

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:57 pm
Would you wear a Shpitzel. There are people with shpitzlech that have professional jobs and wear it no problem. They look really good

essie14

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 12:56 am
https://www.pinterest.com/kris.....ings/

https://youtu.be/wBggdEnFp3c

amother
Honey

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 2:41 am
isn‘t there a possibility to rent a nice wig? people do it for simchas

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 11:25 am
what about clip in bangs with a plain colored scarf?

ChalieB

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 11:48 am
I second the hat idea

amother
Latte

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 12:11 pm
heidi wrote:
That would definitely work in Israel and I think in Europe where there is a huge Muslim population and culture . In America I truly think a wig is the only way to go.
But what about women who dont wear wigs? I dont mean to turn this into an argument or halwcha thing, but what do women do in america, who dont wear wigs for whatever reasons? Are kercheifs really frowned upon? Only hats to work?

tichellady

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 12:35 pm
a simple black scarf is fine.

jd1212

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 3:13 pm
I like square patterned silk scarves and think it can work with subtle earrings and makeup.

penguin

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 3:21 pm
Hey, if Ilhan Omar can wear it in Congress...

OP if you tell us where you live, there are people in various places that sell wraps and can show you elegant ways to tie them.

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 3:25 pm
Wearing a hat in doors, IN THE US, can seem offensive.
It is the cultural etiquette to remove hats indoor
I think borrow m, rent or buy a cheap one

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 4:22 pm
You need something that is not elaborately wrapped. Something simple. Like these

https://www.headcovers.com/hea.....raps/

https://www.headcovers.com/sca.....14282

Shmoozinator

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 6:20 am
You 100% can wear a wrap in a professional setting. To all the people who say you can't, do you work in a corporate office? Do you know anyone who has tried wrapping in such a setting and was told off? I wrap exclusively and know many women from all over who do as well, one of whom works for a multi-million dollar law firm in Manhattan, who all wrap at work and in professional meetings and settings, no problem. If your wrap is tied nicely/smoothly, is coordinated with what you wear, and you wear it with confidence, then there should be absolutely no issue with wearing it in a professional setting.

To the OP, there are lots of resources for nice coverings, it comes down to mostly what your style is. You can reach out to Jessica at The Little Tichel Lady or Esther at Keter HaYofi Mitpachot, and they will very likely be able to help you with this. I find you can't go wrong with a sleek criss-cross turban with small volume, either neutral or coordinated with your outfit. But there are so many styles and options. Hatzlacha!

Aurora

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 6:44 am
I wear tichels professionally. Just make sure it's a simple style and goes with your outfit. A low bun usually works.

I do more often wear hats, but it's because I like sleep. A tichel is fine. Just avoid the elaborate styles, or ones with tails.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels