Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Without asking the teacher?

timeout

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 9:46 pm
How would I know if my son who just started Kindergarten is well behaved and interactive in Class?

My son is coming from being in therapy and in a small classroom that was very structured last year to a big Yeshivah with 27 kids, a huge bus that he's on for an hour and not as much structure as he was used too.

I just don't want to ask the teacher outright and there are not parent teacher meetings for a while way after Yom Tov.

My son says he loves school and he already has a best friend there were a few problems on the bus but I spoke to the school and hope they are monitoring the situation.

Thanks for the advice Very Happy

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 11:13 pm
I don't think there is a/thing wrong with asking the teacher directly, tell her/him you just want to make sure he is well behaved.. dosent mean that youre doubting the qualities of the teacher or a/thing...
it cant hurt to ask...

Yael

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 11:01 am
or stop by the school in the middle of the morning and just take a peek into the clasroom. but dont let your son see you or he'll be upset.

proudmom

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 11:20 am
There is nothing wrong with asking the teacher. last year when my son was in school I always asked the teacher how he was that day. They were happy to give me a report on how he was that day. The worse thing the teacher can tell you is if he didnt behave she will let you know.

1stimer

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 3:44 pm
If you don't want to mention his behaviour, just ask the teacher how he is getting along.

mommy2

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 7:35 pm
1sttimer, thats a good question, maybe ill get some more info like that.

Tefila

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 7:57 pm
Quote:
a huge bus that he's on for an hour

How he's he when he arrives home Question I as an adult would find it hard nevermind his age .

MMEC123

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 9:04 pm
Here's my opinion as a teacher:
For the first week or two of school, PLEASE ask general questions. Don't ask too specific- the teacher is still getting to know your son and just may not be so sure yet (though she may be, which is why you should ask general and if she has a long answer, she'll give it to you). I know I WANT the parents to ask because why should they be concerned and think and wonder when all they have to do is discuss it!

27 is a big class! Yikes. My class of 21 boys is tiring enough, I can't imagine 27. I guess this is a different topic but that scares me. I wonder how well the kids are really watched and cared for (unless there are at least 2 assistants). Good luck!

timeout

Post Tue, Sep 27 2005, 3:17 pm
Update: I spoke to my sons teacher he has his own SEIT teacher in the classroom. She said they know there are some problems to be worked out especially with one boy who is physically hitting my child and hopefully everything will start flowing better soon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics