Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Anyone ever heard of IDC Herzliya?

Koshermomma

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 7:50 pm
My dd wants to go there for university - but I know nothing about the school, how it's rated, etc. Anyone ever heard of it?

mimsy7420

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 9:15 pm
Its a very good business school. You need pretty high SATS to get in there and very good marks - basically better then what Bar Ilan requires.

Koshermomma

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 9:37 pm
She wants the school of communications - not business. I don't know how it will be viewed if she comes back to North America to get a job - I think most people haven't heard of the school - I certainly didn't!

newtocali

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 10:27 pm
its regarded really highly in Israel, its really the top school there for secular graduate academics. I have friends that have attended and said that there are children of other country's royalty and figureheads.

unfortunately I dont think you will find too many religious students there, herzilya isnt exactly the most religious area.

I would have her make sure that the program will be accredited to practice in america if she plans to work in the US.

Tamiri

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 11:48 pm
My son is actually looking into their business school, in case he doesn't get into the program at Hebrew U. I am sure there is a website, and you can take a look at it online then call them with your questions.
The diff between them and major Universities is, I believe, that you can get in there with lower psychometric scores. They are not government funded and are MUCH more expensive than a regular university.
Whoever wanted to badmouth a city in Israel as not having so many religious people should be quiet. There are religious people everywhere. No one asked for your religious knowledge here, the question was about a school for higher leaning, not a yeshiva. Better to keep quiet about things than be motzi shem ra, don't you think?

amother

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 11:56 pm
My cousin went there for his undergrad but dropped out during his 1st year. He was in the counter-terrorism/hasbara program. He had a really tough transition coming from the US to Israel. He had only been on HS programs in Israel and once he got into the classes he became really disillusioned. He thought he could make a difference in the world and the classes made him feel insignificant because of the large scope of the problem. He basically got horrible grades and dropped out and came home before the school year finished.

He loved Herzliya and he had lots of friends. Granted, he had some trouble his last two years of high school, hanging out with the wrong crowd.He picked up smoking in Israel. He basically dropped out and came back to the US and enrolled in community college.

IDC is probably more useful if your DD plans on making Aliyah because it has prestige there but in the US it isn't as well known.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions