Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Trip to NJ from west, how to make a mini vacay?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 11:59 pm
We've made the trip dozens of times BH, but never with time to spare. We have two/three days. Thinking of our options. Hershey park, dutch wonderland, Lancaster - vague, cuz not sure of things there. Or any other ideas?
Open to suggestions and recommendations!
Ages 2-13. Kids never been in an amusement park and though they say they want to - me thinks they are too scared of everything... We like outdoors and usually do those things at home. But maybe a change? Or not?
Not sure here!

DrMom

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 12:04 am
Not sure I understand. How far in the west is your starting point?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 7:28 am
DrMom wrote:
Not sure I understand. How far in the west is your starting point?

Basically, my stop over can be in Pennsylvania. I just mean driving in from the west as opposed to north or south.

doctorima

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 9:40 am
Dutch Wonderland is extremely tame, so no need to be anxious about the rides there. The older ones might be bored, but if it's their first experience, they can have fun doing some rides and watching siblings and enjoying the frog show. Hershey Park is definitely a step up in intensity.

Otherwise if you want outdoors, you could stay in Scranton and go to AMAZING Ricketts Glen State Park with almost 20 waterfalls over a 3-4 mile hike, plus other local family-friendly attractions in Scranton along with minyan.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 10:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Basically, my stop over can be in Pennsylvania. I just mean driving in from the west as opposed to north or south.

There's lots to do in Pittsburgh, central PA, and Philadelphia. These places are hours apart and not necessarily "on the way," depending on your starting point. I would love to help and give suggestions, but the topic is too broad.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 10:38 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
There's lots to do in Pittsburgh, central PA, and Philadelphia. These places are hours apart and not necessarily "on the way," depending on your starting point. I would love to help and give suggestions, but the topic is too broad.

Ya this... Can you give your exact route?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 12:29 pm
From Cleveland, to those who asked :-)

Thanks for feedback on the some of the attractions!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 9:10 am
Bump

DrMom

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 9:44 am
From Cleveland, obvious stopovers can be Hershey park or any of the standard Lancaster PA attractions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics