Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Spelt baked goods

Gratitude

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 12:23 am
My husband recently went off wheat and I'm looking for good recipes for any type of spelt baked goods. TIA

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 5:30 am
I only use white spelt flour. I make any recipe in the cookbook using spelt flour instead of white. Taste never changed. Some things the texture did change but never the actual the taste. Regular cakes the texture never changed. Rugalach the consistency of the dough wasn't the same.

Gratitude

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 10:53 am
That's interesting.
There are limited spelt goodies in the local bakeries, and if anything I find that most are cookies or mandelbread. I thought that spelt doesn't work well for cakes....I guess I'll give some of my regular recipes a try....

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 12:01 pm
I made crinkle cookies last week, I made coffee marble cake, Sprinkle cake, brownie, honey cake, coffee chiffon
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins