Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
If you work: when do you use bathroom?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:09 pm
If you have office type of job where you run out to work in the morning, when do you have bm?

My body naturally likes to go in the morning. For a few years I worked from home/college from home. I would usually drink a coffee after kids are out and naturally would feel the need to go. Now I started working I am getting the kids ready and running out in the morning. I come home from work and am super busy with kids (toddler and baby), no way my body can relax. (if I try my toddler comes knocking on the door and I can't relax). In the evening I find my metabolism just isn't working the same, I don't feel the need to go. If I try I end up constipated, feeling gross.

I work in a small office with one small bathroom so I never feel the need to go - I guess my body isn't relaxed/comfortable enough in the situation.

I used to go regularly every morning, no issues... now I am feeling gross and having such a hard time.

Any suggestions? How do I get my body to adapt to this situation?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:13 pm
Wake up earlier.

LK1

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:15 pm
I come to work and drink a coffee first thing there.

I have a water bottle by my desk and drink the full thing over the day.

It's not a choice. The second after I finished my drink I need to go.

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:16 pm
If I can I go early before I leave (6:30). Can you drink coffee at home? Otherwise I go at work. I usually get there earlier than most so there aren't many people in the building then and the bathroom is clean.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:19 pm
Some people swear by a cup of hot black coffee first thing in the morning before doing anything else.
Maybe you should work at training yourself to relax enough at work to be able to use the restroom there. Or, as someone suggested, get up earlier so you have the leisure to have your coffee before the kids get up.

Also, consider drinking more water and adding generous quantities of dried fruit, especially prunes, to your diet.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:21 pm
Yes, this was a dilemma for me when I worked in an office. It just feels disgusting to go there not to mention there are people working 10 feet away on the other side of the door. I used to sometimes run home if I really had to go.

I'm not sure if there's really any good solution. Maybe your body will adjust to your schedule and you'll start feeling the urge in the evenings.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:41 pm
What?

I go to the bathroom when I feel I need to go to the bathroom.

I never heard of scheduling bowel movements (I am not even sure I could do that with very much predictability if I tried).

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:47 pm
Early morning. Take the 3 minutes to yourself before you leave.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:49 pm
Better question, if you work (and it is not a clean environment) how do you do a hefsek Tahara (in the winter)?

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If you have office type of job where you run out to work in the morning, when do you have bm?

My body naturally likes to go in the morning. For a few years I worked from home/college from home. I would usually drink a coffee after kids are out and naturally would feel the need to go. Now I started working I am getting the kids ready and running out in the morning. I come home from work and am super busy with kids (toddler and baby), no way my body can relax. (if I try my toddler comes knocking on the door and I can't relax). In the evening I find my metabolism just isn't working the same, I don't feel the need to go. If I try I end up constipated, feeling gross.

I work in a small office with one small bathroom so I never feel the need to go - I guess my body isn't relaxed/comfortable enough in the situation.

I used to go regularly every morning, no issues... now I am feeling gross and having such a hard time.

Any suggestions? How do I get my body to adapt to this situation?

This has to be the weirdest thread ever,

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:53 pm
Go for a little walk? That usually gets things going.
Eat oats with yoghurt and fruits for breakfast? or prunes? or take a little bit of fig juice? Those things also help.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:54 pm
DrMom wrote:
What?

I never heard of scheduling bowel movements (I am not even sure I could do that with very much predictability if I tried).

So you obviously never watched the big bang theory.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:54 pm
DrMom wrote:
What?

I guess you're lucky. Are you comfortable going in other people's houses? In airports or restaurants? In shul? I'm certainly not.

When you gotta go, I guess you just go. But many times if a person isn't relaxed they don't feel the need to go. Not a good thing as it leads to constipation.

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:55 pm
I literally have the same issue Op. I am poo-shy so I do not go at work. I am just mildly uncomfortable throughout the day and go when I get home. Not ideal but neither is going at work.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:57 pm
amother [ Clear ] wrote:
This has to be the weirdest thread ever,

Actually I genuinely appreciate a thread like this.

There is not a single person in real life (husband, sibling, friend or anyone else) that I'm comfortable talking about bathroom habits with. It's nice to hear how others manage it.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 5:16 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I guess you're lucky. Are you comfortable going in other people's houses? In airports or restaurants? In shul? I'm certainly not.

Yes. Isn't that why those places have bathrooms?

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 5:18 pm
Worst is when I’m on the road far from
Home and I have no clue where to go ! I wanna have a rental bathroom on every street corner lol.
Between the sound effects and aroma I do not feel comfortable using it publicly.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 5:25 pm
DrMom wrote:
Yes. Isn't that why those places have bathrooms?

Really, you are very lucky!

I think most people are far more comfortable going at home. Almost any other bathroom is for #1 or emergency use only.

Are you saying you are EQUALLY comfortable using your own private bathroom as the bathroom in the airport? To you they are both just bathrooms?

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 5:27 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Really, you are very lucky!

I think most people are far more comfortable going at home. Almost any other bathroom is for #1 or emergency use only.

Are you saying you are EQUALLY comfortable using your own private bathroom as the bathroom in the airport? To you they are both just bathrooms?

I am personally yes indeed equally comfortable on any throne.

TMI: I poop a lot. I go wherever there is a toilet. That is what they are there for. I don’t understand why people don’t want to poop anywhere but home. 🤷‍♀️ 💩

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 5:32 pm
I've kind of trained my digestive tract to do it in the morning before I go to work, at home.
A cup of coffee does help, and some mental focus on telling my belly that I want to go now. Only time that doesn't work is if I have to leave home unusually early once in a while, for a conference or appointment. That makes me run around feeling bloated the whole day. I hate going in public places. Sad
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics