Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do people still take antibody infusion?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 7:01 pm
If you or someone you know had COVID lately, did they take the antibody infusion? Is COVID easier these days and no longer necessary? I'm 52 and can't decide..

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 7:14 pm
how do you feel ?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 7:18 pm
Not very good but not terrible. The infusion is taken to prevent things from getting worse after a few days, no?

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 7:22 pm
Are you vaccinated?

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 7:22 pm
My understanding is that you get the best results taking it early on, so if you're going to do it, you shouldn't wait.
That said, although I know Covid is still going around (I have a few friends and neighbors who tested positive in the last few days) I have not heard of a severe case in quite a long time... for whatever that is or isn't worth.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 7:24 pm
Two relatives just got the infusion..they are in their 60s. Two other relatives in their 50s took paxlovid. I would do the pills if it were me. Feel better!

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 7:32 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Two relatives just got the infusion..they are in their 60s. Two other relatives in their 50s took paxlovid. I would do the pills if it were me. Feel better!

Why would you take paxlovid? Many people who take it end up getting a rebound case of covid with even more severe symptoms the second time around. It happened to fauci too.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 7:55 pm
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:
Why would you take paxlovid? Many people who take it end up getting a rebound case of covid with even more severe symptoms the second time around. It happened to fauci too.

We only have preliminary data still, but it looks like on the order of 10% of people get a rebound case (so 90% don’t). I’m not particularly gung-ho about Paxlovid for all but it doesn’t seem crazy to me that someone would make that choice. Anecdotally, the people I know who have taken it speak highly of it and would use it again.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 7:57 pm
Of course they still give the transfusion!

Nothing to decide, it wont harm you. It will wither work (on almost everyone I know who took it) or worse case scenario it will do nothing (very rare).

PLEASE dont wait. They come to the house now. Very easy.

Call: CPI (Covid Plasma Initiative) (828) 475-2762

Refuah Shelaimah!

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 7:59 pm

Because I obviously want a rebound case...

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 8:00 pm
challahchallah wrote:
We only have preliminary data still, but it looks like on the order of 10% of people get a rebound case (so 90% don’t). I’m not particularly gung-ho about Paxlovid for all but it doesn’t seem crazy to me that someone would make that choice. Anecdotally, the people I know who have taken it speak highly of it and would use it again.

Exactly. Thanks.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 8:05 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Because I obviously want a rebound case...

Then paxlovid is a great choice for you!

amother
Outerspace

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 8:13 pm
Most at risk people I know took paxlovid.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 8:16 pm
Then paxlovid is a great choice for you!

I don't have covid. I also don't make rude comments under imamother.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 8:28 pm
My dh friend took it. He felt better after

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 9:07 pm
I had Covid 2 weeks ago.
I felt very sick for the first day (huge headache and fever that Tylenol didn’t really take away.)

On the day I tested positive I really wanted to get antibodies cuz I felt so sick and couldn’t sleep it off.

However, being that I’m pregnant my midwife advised me to give it a night & decide the next morning. I was so glad I waited, as I woke up the next day with no fever and a smaller headache. The worst had passed.

The rest of the week I had that Covid haze and a cold/ cough, felt weak during shmone esreh- like when standing for a few min, stomach ache (lingering cough 2 weeks later) but totally manageable.

notayoungster

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 3:35 pm
there are safe effective natural treatments for covid. refuah sheleima

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:22 pm
The infusion is for older variants and does nothing for the new strains

Fox

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:47 pm
My husband, who is significantly immuno-compromised by anti-rejection meds after a kidney-pancreas transplant, initially had the antibody infusion prophylactically. Now he takes Paxlovid.

Of course, Covid is only one of the threats to someone who's immuno-compromised, and not necessarily the worst one. DH recently had pneumonia -- no Covid -- but recovered with antibiotics, B"H.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics