Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Looking for a job, pay isn’t the most important factor

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 2:43 pm
I’m looking for a job in Lakewood that has a pleasant environment and nice social life. Looking to work very part time (around 15 hours a week) and I’m aware that I will not be making 100k at the job! Any ideas of who or where to reach out to? Thanks!

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 2:44 pm
Schools. Many schools have a severe staff shortage, whether for teachers or secretarial staff.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 2:47 pm
A school office is great social life and they would take you whatever hours you could come!

If you're not interested in something like that, you could go to IZN and they have a few such jobs.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:28 pm
Hatzlacha with your job search. A word of advice: don't mention a "nice social life" when the interviewer asks why you want to work for them. They aren't interested in someone who's there to socialize; they want someone who's going to work her head off. You probably didn't mean that you'd spend your time shmoozing instead of working (or did you?), but that's how it's going to be interpreted.

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 5:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m looking for a job in Lakewood that has a pleasant environment and nice social life. Looking to work very part time (around 15 hours a week) and I’m aware that I will not be making 100k at the job! Any ideas of who or where to reach out to? Thanks!

Sounds like your looking for a social opportunity more than you want to work.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 6:24 pm
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
Sounds like your looking for a social opportunity more than you want to work.

In which case there are plenty of volunteering opportunities where you desire to socialize won't be a mark against you.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 7:13 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
A school office is great social life and they would take you whatever hours you could come!

If you're not interested in something like that, you could go to IZN and they have a few such jobs.
What’s IZN?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics