Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Ear infections

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 8:57 pm
My 7 month old baby keeps getting ear infections!! Hate giving him so much medicine! Any natural remedies tht work??

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 9:48 pm
Garlic mullein ear drops or MR ear drops

Remove dairy from diet

Chiropractic adjustment

Craniosacral therapy

Check for tongue tie — this can prevent proper drainage of fluids

Homeopathy

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 9:49 pm
amother [ Cinnamon ] wrote:

Remove dairy from diet

Chiropractic adjustment

Craniosacral therapy

Homeopathy

came on to say the above.
are you vaccinating?

mamato2

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 9:55 pm

Remove dairy from diet

Chiropractic adjustment

Craniosacral therapy

Homeopathy

Wow thanks!! No tongue tie bh ... can I ask what craniosacrel therapy is ?

mamato2

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 9:57 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
came on to say the above.
are you vaccinating?

Yes I am vaccinating ( although he’s a bit behind on them now since at his last well visit he had an ear infection so didn’t give any ) why?

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 10:03 pm
This is my story. When my 6 yr old was 3 weeks old I decided this baby has reflux. Dr laughed in my face as he was gaining beautifully. I went to 2 drs and they both thought I'm crazy. He had "crying hr" for about 2-3 hours every night and vomited alot. My dr claimed most babies have crying hr, many babies vomit this way. No reflux. Starting from about 5 months this kid was having back to back ear infections. Somebody I don't remember who recommended I go see Dr. Friedman. He's an allergist by trade but he's also has a degree in pediatrics. Dr. Friedman didn't even exam my baby. Just listened to my babies history. He put him onto reflux meds and the next ear infection he had was over 3 months later.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 10:05 pm
mamato2 wrote:
Yes I am vaccinating ( although he’s a bit behind on them now since at his last well visit he had an ear infection so didn’t give any ) why?

Ask your pediatrician for a vaccine insert next time youre there. Ear infections/otitis media is a common side effect from vaccines

mamato2

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 10:08 pm
tweety1 wrote:
This is my story. When my 6 yr old was 3 weeks old I decided this baby has reflux. Dr laughed in my face as he was gaining beautifully. I went to 2 drs and they both thought I'm crazy. He had "crying hr" for about 2-3 hours every night and vomited alot. My dr claimed most babies have crying hr, many babies vomit this way. No reflux. Starting from about 5 months this kid was having back to back ear infections. Somebody I don't remember who recommended I go see Dr. Friedman. He's an allergist by trade but he's also has a degree in pediatrics. Dr. Friedman didn't even exam my baby. Just listened to my babies history. He put him onto reflux meds and the next ear infection he had was over 3 months later.

Wow!!! poor baby! My baby has crazy reflux too! Spits up a ton! But docs always said not to give meds since he is super chubby and gaining really well bh! But the ear infections are def from the reflux....

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 10:15 pm
mamato2 wrote:
Wow thanks!! No tongue tie bh ... can I ask what craniosacrel therapy is ?
How did you rule out the tongue tie? Many drs aren’t sufficiently trained to diagnose them. I see you wrote he has reflux, that’s another big tongue tie symptom.

Craniosacral therapy is a very gentle manual therapy that helps loosen up tight parts of the body so that everything can flow and drain properly.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 10:32 pm
Off dairy is a MUST

Herbpharm garlic drops is a lifesaver

mamato2

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 10:32 pm
How did you rule out the tongue tie? Many drs aren’t sufficiently trained to diagnose them. I see you wrote he has reflux, that’s another big tongue tie symptom.

Craniosacral therapy is a very gentle manual therapy that helps loosen up tight parts of the body so that everything can flow and drain properly.

My first baby had tongue tie so I made them check in the hospital to make sure this one doesn’t... think they could have missed it? which did u see the most success with from all you listed?

mamato2

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 10:33 pm
amother [ Tanzanite ] wrote:
Off dairy is a MUST

Thanks so much!

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 10:35 pm
mamato2 wrote:
My first baby had tongue tie so I made them check in the hospital to make sure this one doesn’t... think they could have missed it? which did u see the most success with from all you listed?
Yes there’s a good chance it was missed, you need to have her evaluated by a tongue tie informed speech therapist or dentist. This is an important piece and probably the first thing I would look into , in addition to removing dairy. The other things will help, but their not root causes, they more just address the symptoms.

mamato2

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 10:39 pm
Yes there’s a good chance it was missed, you need to have her evaluated by a tongue tie informed speech therapist or dentist. This is an important piece and probably the first thing I would look into , in addition to removing dairy. The other things will help, but their not root causes, they more just address the symptoms.

Ok thanks so much for the info! I would never have thought that it was related to tongue tie!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:04 pm
amother [ Tanzanite ] wrote:
Off dairy is a MUST

My baby had recurring ear infections or one that never cleared up from August until he got tubes in March (it took so long cause he had covid, and lingering cough etc couldn't get him cleared for tubes...) after the tubes he still had discharge coming from his ears and eyes, runny nose etc. I took him off dairy it worked like magic! ( I had a hard time doing this since I don't believe in it, his Babysitter took him off dairy and demanded soy based formula and it b"h is working)

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:06 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
My baby had recurring ear infections or one that never cleared up from August until he got tubes in March (it took so long cause he had covid, and lingering cough etc couldn't get him cleared for tubes...) after the tubes he still had discharge coming from his ears and eyes, runny nose etc. I took him off dairy it worked like magic! ( I had a hard time doing this since I don't believe in it, his Babysitter took him off dairy and demanded soy based formula and it b"h is working)

Yes same here.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:08 pm

I dont understand this thinking. what does "I dont believe in it" mean if countless studies show milk/dairy products can contribute to ear infections.. wouldnt you want to do whatever was in your power to help your child?

mamato2

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:27 pm

Wow!! My baby also had an ear infection tht didn’t go away... he’s on a dairy formula think I’m going to have to switch to a soy one... I also rly want to check if he has a lip/tongue tie ... seems to be a major cause of ear infections too
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics