Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What do you think about this plan?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 5:43 pm
I am not in the US however it may be irrelevant

I have a masters in education and have been working as a teacher for the last years, in between having kids. I am almost done with kids and have been thinking about my further career. I think I am well-suited for management in education. In my country people in higher positions in education often have PhDs.

I finished my college education 15 years ago.
I have been thinking of doing an online certificate for MBA essentials to cover my lack of knowledge in management. Would it suffice, instead of a full MBA, since I already have another masters degree? Or should I get a full MBA?
And then I want to go for a PhD, either very part-time or full-time with a stipend. It has always been my dream and I have been invited to do PhDs in the past which didn’t work out for many reasons.

Do you think it is a feasible plan? PhD in my country is 3-5 yrs (longer if part-time)

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 7:59 pm
Probably best to look into the requirements of the profession in your country.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 1:48 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Probably best to look into the requirements of the profession in your country.

Ideally I would like to qualify in different countries as I don’t plan to stay in this country forever.

As far as I see, people just climb up the career ladder by keeping working in the same institution, however since I took a long break from college and am not so advanced in my career, I would like to be working on a different level with a possibility of moving internationally.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics