Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
How old were you...
  Previous  1  2  3 51  52  53 65  66  67  Next

FreshGrandma

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 4:15 am
happytobemom wrote:
In 5th grade, I took sewing lessons (on Sundays, not in school) and sewed a vest, a skirt, and a dress that I proudly wore on Shabbos so many times!

How old were you when you first burnt a meal?

18, I suppose
When I started cooking at 18, I burnt a lot of meals. Especially in the oven (that did not really work well).

How old were you when you first spoke a language other than your native language?

simcha4

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 3:47 pm
FreshGrandma wrote:
18, I suppose
When I started cooking at 18, I burnt a lot of meals. Especially in the oven (that did not really work well).

How old were you when you first spoke a language other than your native language?

2-3 yrs old. My mother language is English, then I also learned to speak Yiddish.

How old were you when you realized that Hashem is not a person?

FreshGrandma

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 4:32 pm
I kind of never thought Hashem was a person.

How old were you when you wrote your first poem?

simcha4

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 4:40 pm
FreshGrandma wrote:
I kind of never thought Hashem was a person.

How old were you when you wrote your first poem?

appr. 8 - I wrote several poems and then stapled the papers together as a book, and drew a nice front cover.

How old were you when you started making creative decorations for your Sukkah? (not in school)

FreshGrandma

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 4:43 pm
simcha4 wrote:
appr. 8 - I wrote several poems and then stapled the papers together as a book, and drew a nice front cover.

How old were you when you started making creative decorations for your Sukkah? (not in school)

around 18

How old were you when you first moved to a new city or country?

happytobemom

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 10:48 pm
FreshGrandma wrote:
around 18

How old were you when you first moved to a new city or country?

19, when I got married, to a new city, same country

How old were you when you slept away from home for the first time?

simcha4

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 9:37 am
happytobemom wrote:
19, when I got married, to a new city, same country

How old were you when you slept away from home for the first time?

around 12-13 when I went to summer camp.

How old were you when you had a bedroom for yourself only (didn't share it with a sibling)?

Shmoozinator

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 10:25 am
simcha4 wrote:
"Shmoozinator," I'm in awe of you!!! You are amazing!!
You could have easily gotten angry at your madricha's comment, but you didn't, you took her words to heart and worked on your habit. And you are still working on it, you didn't slack off when you finished seminary!!!
Kol hakavod!!! May Hashem Help you further on your journey.
You have my deep awe and admiration.

17. Should I be embarrassed?
I helped my grandmother and lhbd'l my mother when they cooked, peeling, adding ingreds. to food etc. long before I was 17, but from 17 I started cooking whole meals alone.

How old were you when you first sewed a complete garment? (If you learned sewing in school)
If u feel comfortable, kindly write what you sewed.

That was a real hug 🤗
Amen, thank you so much for your kind words!

Shmoozinator

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 10:36 am
simcha4 wrote:
around 12-13 when I went to summer camp.

How old were you when you had a bedroom for yourself only (didn't share it with a sibling)?

19!! My brother had moved out, and I cleaned his room out and painted (with my sister's help) and it was my first time EVER having my own space!

How old were you first time you changed a diaper?

FreshGrandma

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 2:07 pm
Shmoozinator wrote:
19!! My brother had moved out, and I cleaned his room out and painted (with my sister's help) and it was my first time EVER having my own space!

How old were you first time you changed a diaper?

I think about 9, but not on my own.

How old were you when you did not mind any more being excluded, not being part of the group?

Shmoozinator

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 12:07 am
FreshGrandma wrote:
I think about 9, but not on my own.

How old were you when you did not mind any more being excluded, not being part of the group?

I would love to be able to tell you that I've reached that point, but I was bullied and excluded during much of my school years, and it's left some scars 💔

How old were you when you set up your first email account?

FreshGrandma

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 3:14 am
I think around 29.

Yes, I am that old! The first personal computer was invented when I was about 18. I learned to type on a regular typewriter, the kind of thing that has NO on/off switch!!!! My brother told my about e-mails when I was about 22, because I slept at his place and his computer would turn on at night and make weird noises to collect the e-mails in his mailbox. It seemed very mysterious to me.

I also was left out a lot and sometimes bullied during my school years, but now I discovered that maybe I really lacked social skills, or I was too different from the other students.

How old were you when you first watched TV (or video on a TV screen)

Lovable

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 3:08 pm
FreshGrandma wrote:
I think around 29.

Yes, I am that old! The first personal computer was invented when I was about 18. I learned to type on a regular typewriter, the kind of thing that has NO on/off switch!!!! My brother told my about e-mails when I was about 22, because I slept at his place and his computer would turn on at night and make weird noises to collect the e-mails in his mailbox. It seemed very mysterious to me.

I also was left out a lot and sometimes bullied during my school years, but now I discovered that maybe I really lacked social skills, or I was too different from the other students.

How old were you when you first watched TV (or video on a TV screen)

Too little to remember:)
How old were you when you cooked your first pot of soup?

Shmoozinator

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 4:05 pm
Lovable wrote:
Too little to remember:)
How old were you when you cooked your first pot of soup?

Ooohhh, that's a tough one. In middle school, I used to make the ramen noodle soups with the packet that came in the yellow package, but I'm assuming that's not what you meant Very Happy
Probably shana rishona would have been the first time I cooked a soup start to finish totally by myself, so 22/23. I love soup though do I make it all the time now and became known for all my yummy ones 😋

How old were you when you first drove a vehicle? (Legally or otherwise Wink )

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 4:08 pm
Shmoozinator wrote:
How old were you when you first drove a vehicle? (Legally or otherwise Wink )

17, I think? Just a car. It was a stick shift though, which I never fully learned to drive.

How old were you when you first did something that scared your mother?

Shmoozinator

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 5:03 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
17, I think? Just a car. It was a stick shift though, which I never fully learned to drive.

How old were you when you first did something that scared your mother?

Very early 😂 my mom has anxiety, lots of things scared her. Can't pinpoint exactly what the first thing would have been though. Maybe when I was around 3, my brother was 6, and we took off early one Shabbos morning to a shul half a mile away to see our friends. That definitely freaked her out 😬

How old were you when you first got yourself in serious trouble? (With parents, school, law enforcement, anything)

Lovable

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 11:17 am
Shmoozinator wrote:
Very early 😂 my mom has anxiety, lots of things scared her. Can't pinpoint exactly what the first thing would have been though. Maybe when I was around 3, my brother was 6, and we took off early one Shabbos morning to a shul half a mile away to see our friends. That definitely freaked her out 😬

How old were you when you first got yourself in serious trouble? (With parents, school, law enforcement, anything)

LOL I dont think ever
I was a real goody goody kinda little kid
As a teenager not o much but I always managed to get away haha

How old were you when you earned you fist dollar through working?

Shmoozinator

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 5:48 am
Lovable wrote:
LOL I dont think ever
I was a real goody goody kinda little kid
As a teenager not o much but I always managed to get away haha

How old were you when you earned you fist dollar through working?

Probably babysitting when I was around 11. But my first 'real' job was working in a camo when I was 13 or 14 and got a 'real' paycheck (and tips!)

How old were you when you built/put together your first piece of furniture?

Lovable

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:05 pm
Shmoozinator wrote:
Probably babysitting when I was around 11. But my first 'real' job was working in a camo when I was 13 or 14 and got a 'real' paycheck (and tips!)

How old were you when you built/put together your first piece of furniture?

Never Did! Lets just say Im far from handy...Smile
How old were you when you realized your true talent?

Shmoozinator

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 3:07 pm
Lovable wrote:
Never Did! Lets just say Im far from handy...Smile
How old were you when you realized your true talent?

Middle or high school, school plays! Loved acting and being on stage. I had a specific talent I was known for, but don't want to get too detailed Wink

How old were you when you wrote your first check?
Page 52 of 67   Previous  1  2  3 51  52  53 65  66  67  Next Recent Topics